Crazy statements in Ads

Meeting the minimum IFR equipment requirements doesn't necessarily mean it is practical. A single ADF and single com is perfectly acceptable as long as you can navigate your intended route of flight with it. You could certify it for IFR operation, and sell it as such. It would be incredibly stupid and impractical, but not a lie.

Exactly. And why I have no intention of advertising my 170 as IFR certified or capable even though it technically is.

From a long time ago, when the L.A. Times classifieds had a bunch of airplane ads ... but nobody on staff who could take down information accurately over the phone.

airad1.jpg

airad2.jpg

Says she has "curves." Show up and she is huge!

My favorite from an ad currently on Controller:

Serious inquiries means that you have the cash to pay for this aircraft and can throw it out the window of a fast moving car
on a Chicago freeway without breaking a sweat, and that you don't live in the basement of your mother's house.

Serious inquiries means that you have the cash to pay for this aircraft and can throw it out the window of a fast moving car
on a Chicago freeway without breaking a sweat, and that you don't live in the basement of your mother's house.

:lol:

That's awesome. But it's true.

Back