Crazy headset idea (ProFlight Series 2 in GA aircraft)

Brad Milliken

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
RedPilot
I have both Bose and Lightspeed headsets, and think they each have their pluses. (Just bought a new Delta Zulu, can't wait to try it out!) But some passengers truly hate headsets, sooooo, I was wondering if anybody has tried flying in a GA aircraft using the Bose ProFlight Series 2 headset? Granted, this was designed for jets/big cabin flight decks, I know that. So I'm pretty sure it would be noisier than using an over-the-ear aviation headset, but by how much?

Unless it's a regular passenger... you're expecting passengers to use an in-the-ear headset that somebody else used before them?

Unless it's a regular passenger... you're expecting passengers to use an in-the-ear headset that somebody else used before them?
Good point, hadn't thought of that. I wonder what's cleanable and/or washable? I just know that people not used to GA flying tend to gripe about the headsets, especially on longer flights. So it might be something to consider if the noise canceling is, say 80% as good, but not worth it if that number was much lower, like only 30% as effective. The ideal way to resolve this would be if I knew someone who owned a ProFlight Series 2, and go fly with it. So I wondered if anybody here has ever done that?

Perhaps the tips could be changed when given to a new passenger? :dunno:

Back