Crap! It looks like a Wings drive-in not a fly-in

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
Unfortunately :mad:

Our R22 is about to eat its spare alternator belt and will not be airworthy in time. (I don't even want to think about an electrical system failure -- the governor, rotor and engine tachs dead -- I don't know how well I could maintain rotor rpm in that scenario, and I don't really care to find out...).

But I'll be there, Adam! Look for either an F-150 "RH PILOT" or a Boxster S "RH FLYER"...

The good news is, I guess, that I can bring a brew or two with... :cheers:

wow i wouldve thought those gauges would be purely analog, since apparently they are pretty nice to have. oh well have fun bob and all others tommorow.

Nuts! I was looking forward to watching the whirly-bird in the precision taxi contest.

flyersfan31 said:
Nuts! I was looking forward to watching the whirly-bird in the precision taxi contest.
Nah. Spot landing, that's what I was looking forward to. Could anyone else touch down on the numbers? And not roll past them? :yes:

RotaryWingBob said:
Unfortunately :mad:

Our R22 is about to eat its spare alternator belt and will not be airworthy in time. (I don't even want to think about an electrical system failure -- the governor, rotor and engine tachs dead -- I don't know how well I could maintain rotor rpm in that scenario, and I don't really care to find out...).

Bob FWIW, electric tachs don't require power from the main bus to operate, at least in airplanes. They are driven from a dedicated "generator" (actually a three phase alternator) on the engine. I expect that the same is true for helicopters with the addition of another tach gen on the transmission for rotor RPM.

lancefisher said:
Bob FWIW, electric tachs don't require power from the main bus to operate, at least in airplanes. They are driven from a dedicated "generator" (actually a three phase alternator) on the engine. I expect that the same is true for helicopters with the addition of another tach gen on the transmission for rotor RPM.
Unfortunately, not in Robinsons. The tachs are powered either from the main bus, or, if the master is off, directly from the battery (so long as the clutch switch is in the engaged position). There is no backup.

Back