Craig Fuller's email address ?

iflyatiger

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
iflyatiger
Does anyone have the email address of Craig Fuller at AOPA ? If not his any higher ups over there ?

I did search their site, the google, poa and couldn't find it.

Thanks

He can't be bothered with email...he's busy packing his golden parachute. ;)

Kind of what I figured.. I just read this thread

Feds: "Pilots have no rights" - Really?
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60457

and wanted to check in with AOPA and see if they are doing something valuable for pilots and aircraft owners. You know maybe something that might motivate me to renew my membership.

What are the odds ?

He can't be bothered with email...he's busy packing his golden parachute. ;)

Trust me, it'll be news to Craig, and everyone in the AOPA hierarchy. Once they learn of it(from a competing mag no less) there will be a few hours of teeth gnashing and oh-woes and then it'll be forgotten. Just like the glider pilot, and the Kings, and the guy with the big beard, and, and, and...

What exactly are they supposed to do about the gestapo tactics used against pilots? What is your expectation?

What exactly are they supposed to do about the gestapo tactics used against pilots? What is your expectation?

I would hope they draw attention to it and do some lobbying. Having a cover story on aopa.org recently was a good start.

I would hope they draw attention to it and do some lobbying. Having a cover story on aopa.org about it was a good start.

Yeah, that'll be really effective at getting the message out to all four of us. And how to you know they haven't been lobbying on this issue?

Yeah, that'll be really effective at getting the message out to all four of us. And how to you know they haven't been lobbying on this issue?
As much as the organization pats itself on the back and is quick to take credit for what they claim to do, they have been suprisingly quiet on involvement on this subject.

Well, my op-ed has always been to follow the actions of the most effective lobby organization out there -- NRA. If this happened to an NRA member, there would be lawsuits, publicity in the mainstream media, and plenty of fist-shaking in the halls of congress. That is why the new legislative gun control measures have gone zero for six in the feds, and there is some big backlash on the various states that have enacted gun legislation like NY and CO.

AOPA wants to play nice, and not upset the apple cart. It's all - go along to get along. Meanwhile, the shaft is planted ever further up our collective rectum, and the only thing we can do about it is smile and say; 'thank you sir, may I have another!'

committing aviation doesn't have the constitutional protection that the NRA can lean against either.

Funny how AOPA used to publish the contact info of the CEO...I guess that's just another line of separation from the unwashed masses...

committing aviation doesn't have the constitutional protection that the NRA can lean against either.

Sure it does, aviation wasn't specifically prohibited by the founding toilet paper therefore the right to commit aviation belongs to us the people.:rolleyes2:

Well, my op-ed has always been to follow the actions of the most effective lobby organization out there -- NRA. If this happened to an NRA member, there would be lawsuits, publicity in the mainstream media, and plenty of fist-shaking in the halls of congress. That is why the new legislative gun control measures have gone zero for six in the feds, and there is some big backlash on the various states that have enacted gun legislation like NY and CO.

AOPA wants to play nice, and not upset the apple cart. It's all - go along to get along. Meanwhile, the shaft is planted ever further up our collective rectum, and the only thing we can do about it is smile and say; 'thank you sir, may I have another!'

I think the difference is that there over a hundred million firearm owners and users, vs <700k pilots and airplane owners. We're too small to create a wave of outrage. Our sentiment is an annoyance, not a big problem for the politicians.

I think the difference is that there over a hundred million firearm owners and users, vs <700k pilots and airplane owners. We're too small to create a wave of outrage. Our sentiment is an annoyance, not a big problem for the politicians.

Well spoken. Imagine the backlash at the border if every citizen had to get 'authorization' to leave the country. They can treat us like shyte with impunity.

Welcome to the downside of democracy.

But - that's exactly the point. We are not a democracy. Equal protection? All men created equal? The powers not delegated here remain the province of the people?

About 65% of our laws rules and regs on the books today should be repealed.

Got the email address.. Thanks..

Email on the way to Craig. If he responds I will post here.

But - that's exactly the point. We are not a democracy. Equal protection? All men created equal? The powers not delegated here remain the province of the people?

About 65% of our laws rules and regs on the books today should be repealed.

I meant the ability of the majority to dump on a minority, especially if it is an unliked minority. We have protections in place for religious, ethnic, and secual minorities, but none based on avocation.

Thanks Tom. Maybe someone belatedly in AOPA has found a spine. However, I would prefer to see more than just FOIA requests, and some letters to CBP.

The NRA would be right in a senators face about this, and a group of housemembers too.

This is what the counsel is saying: "We're not going to let this go with just lip service," Mead said. “The agency either has to stop its behavior or we’re going to need to elevate it to Congress.”

Why not elevate to congress now? You know it's illegal, I know it's illegal, the CBP/DHS know it's illegal what's the delay and why look for stuff in the FOIA? You aren't going to get a smoking gun from that, everyone in DC uses a secret unpublished email accounts.

Now this is a little more like it ! Keep going AOPA.. I think this is what a lot of the disenchanted former members might be looking for in their association.

From AOPA today..

"We're not going to let this go with just lip service," Mead said. “The agency either has to stop its behavior or we’re going to need to elevate it to Congress.”

Innocent pilots who have been targeted for search but not charged with a crime may never get an opportunity to challenge a potential violation of their constitutional rights in court, since there is never a trial in such cases, and civil action against the federal government is cost-prohibitive for most.

Federal law requires a timely (and meaningful) response to a Freedom of Information Act request, but CBP, unlike some state and local agencies, has told AOPA not to expect any response to a Feb. 12 request for at least six months.

“We were given no justification for such extreme delinquency in meeting the statutory requirement to respond within 20 business days,” Mead wrote a June 19 letter to acting CBP Commissioner Thomas S. Winkowski. “If CBP does not respond to our request and produce the required information and documents by July 20, 2013, this letter serves as notice that we will pursue such other remedies as available at law and advise the appropriate members of Congress and congressional committees of this matter and seek their intervention.”

Now this is a little more like it ! Keep going AOPA.. I think this is what a lot of the disenchanted former members might be looking for in their association.

From AOPA today..

"We're not going to let this go with just lip service," Mead said. “The agency either has to stop its behavior or we’re going to need to elevate it to Congress.”

Innocent pilots who have been targeted for search but not charged with a crime may never get an opportunity to challenge a potential violation of their constitutional rights in court, since there is never a trial in such cases, and civil action against the federal government is cost-prohibitive for most.

Federal law requires a timely (and meaningful) response to a Freedom of Information Act request, but CBP, unlike some state and local agencies, has told AOPA not to expect any response to a Feb. 12 request for at least six months.

“We were given no justification for such extreme delinquency in meeting the statutory requirement to respond within 20 business days,” Mead wrote a June 19 letter to acting CBP Commissioner Thomas S. Winkowski. “If CBP does not respond to our request and produce the required information and documents by July 20, 2013, this letter serves as notice that we will pursue such other remedies as available at law and advise the appropriate members of Congress and congressional committees of this matter and seek their intervention.”
oooh. lotsa teeth. Neener neener, I'm gonna write my congressman....

Sheesh.

oooh. lotsa teeth. Neener neener, I'm gonna write my congressman....

Sheesh.

Well, buddy - that's the only people that can possibly put the reins on all of these out of control fed depts. The AG isn't going to do it, the SCOTUS isn't going to do it until there's an 'event', the prez isn't going to stop them, so if you have a better suggestion, out with it.

They are. Why do we bother writing such a "neener neener". Just go to Congress. START!

Part of our current predicament is that Congress, whether you are a Dem or a Repub, has been paralyzed for four years. Anyone remember the last budget?

They are. Why do we bother writing such a "neener neener". Just go to Congress. START!

Part of our current predicament is that Congress, whether you are a Dem or a Repub, has been paralyzed for four years. Anyone remember the last budget?

Oh, that's what I wrote back a few posts. So, we're in violent agreement then. I don't mind them asking for the FOIA stuff, and wagging the finger at the three letter agencies, but the only way to stop it is to go to congress and demand(not request) changes.

The legal review of the guidance for the pilot advisory card has taken longer than we would like, but here's latest response to the detention of pilots.

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/...OPA-demands-answers-on-aircraft-searches.aspx

Mr. Haines,

Thank you.

It would say a lot about the organization and be a tremendous gesture to its members if, for stops such as this, AOPA could waive the "Legal Services Plan" and "normal business hours" requirement.

Respectfully,
Jim
AOPA member and legal services plan subscriber.

Well, buddy - that's the only people that can possibly put the reins on all of these out of control fed depts. The AG isn't going to do it, the SCOTUS isn't going to do it until there's an 'event', the prez isn't going to stop them, so if you have a better suggestion, out with it.

Congress can't stop it. The b'crats have more power then congressschmucks. The only thing that will stop it is if cops have to wonder if they will come home alive or if they will come home to a dead family. I'm not advocating that, just pointing out that the republic is lost.

Back