CRABS in DE/MD

Mike5250

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mike5250
Any good places within walking distance of an airport in MD or DE. We were hoping to fly down 5/18 and get some fresh crabs.

Anyone want to meet us there is welcome! We should have 3 planes going, more the merrier.

within an hr or so of PTW

It's a little bit early for MD crabs, they'll be a bit muddy from here.

If you can land on grass, land at Kentmoor 3W3 and walk two blocks south to the Marina restaurant.

If you can't, go to Bay Bridge (W29) and there is the Stevenville Crab Shack just a block towards route 50 from the airport entrance.

Mike you can get hard shells near Bay Bridge or KESN. I know one of the FBO's at Easton will give you a crew car to pick them up. Are you bringing them back to Philly? Anyway give the FBOs at ESN a call and they can recommend a place. I'm pretty sure there is one just off the airport grounds.

Ron is right it is early for hard shells. mmmm didn't think of kentmore

There's a crab house within walking distance of the Annapolis airport (KANP) but again, it's a bit early in the season. Most places here on the Eastern Shore are still importing theirs.

I'm sure there are a number of truck stops out there that might could help...

I live on Kent Island. My vote is Kentmorr for sure. Or tangier island.

There's a crab house within walking distance of the Annapolis airport (KANP)

Do your homework before landing there. A lot of local rules and a deceptively short runway.

On the topic though, Cambridge (KCGE) has some good eats on the field...I have heard they have the best crab cakes, but I don't eat seafood so that's all second hand info.

Do you want to eat the crabs or are you looking to pick up a bushel of fresh crabs ?

I haven't seen any of the watermen advertising fresh crabs yet. I think the water is still too cold for the crabs to move and the rains of the last week have put a lot of sediment into the streams and bays.

So far, 99% of the crab-cakes served in MD restaurants are alaskan or vietnamese crab of some stripe.

Back