CPO : A Pilot in Training : This is my Journey

A lot of people quit at that point, even more right after PP. Once you solo, that's pretty much the biggie. Unless you actually have a use for GA, you've pretty done all you need to do, you are now a pilot.

This.

Unfortunately, I don't have too much of a practical use for GA right now. (Although in retrospect, I should have flown myself to Witchita for business recently. It would have saved me a day of travel.) With a 2 year old, it's hard to really do much travel. But I am trying to position myself so that when he's a little older, the entire mid-west will be our weekend playground. U.S. MNT qualifier in Columbus? Sure. Cedar Point this weekend? Sounds fun! A long weekend at Mackinac? Cool. How about a three day weekend trip to DC? Love it!

Perhaps he's the type of individual that goes 'All in' to his hobbies... until another one comes along. Or he could of been trying to monetize it... looks like he stopped doing his RV videos when he started flying. But his videos have 500 - 1000 views so doubt that was any substantial income... or since he hasn't logged in since early August maybe he's in jail.

You guys are to much,
OP6YtTl.gif

So I found his facebook page, and I cant seem to find anything about what happened to his flight lessons. :(

Next time I'm at Tipton I'll look for the Cessna he was flying see if it's still there. The club might have gone under or something could have happened to the instructor so he has to wait for the instructor to get better?

Last edited:
Yeah, really.. WTF CPO!! Get off your @$$ and get that PPL. We were all counting on you! You let us down. :(

So I found his facebook page, and I cant seem to find anything about what happened to his flight lessons. :(

Just looked it up myself. Seems he's into off-roading jeeps now.

I kinda want to send him a message on FB to see what happened.

It looks like he's trying to find a subject he can monetize a blog-V/log on. Unfortunately for him the problem he runs into isn't the subject, but rather the presentation.

So, I'm at Tipton and the Cessna he was using is still here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people just switch hobbies a lot.

I've had so many hobbies over the past 20 years, I couldn't count them all. Most of them I've gone into full bore, then after a year or so lost interest and dropped it loike a rock, onto something else.

Aviation/flying is the one thing that has always kind of stuck with me and I've always found a way back to it.

So... Thanks everyone, but monetization isn't the goal, although I have been in the Internet publishing/blogging hobby for quite a while now.

This summer has been rough, for several reasons. I realize that in the absence of information, people will clearly make up their own reasons for why I haven't posted in a while. Maybe this will appease some of you.

• Summer vacation
  • Aircraft down for nearly a month for maintenance (only 1 152 at the club and they wouldn't let me change types in the middle of training)
  • When the plane was up...then the weather was bad
  • Commitments nearly every day of the week, and I have to transport my son to/from school. I host a small group in my home on Mondays. Tuesdays and Fridays my son goes to a sports trainer (and yeah.... I have to drive him). Thursdays I have Civil Air Patrol. Saturdays is almost always Lacrosse games or some other family activity. Sundays is church and lacrosse practice/tournaments. Okay...great that leaves Wednesday...Historically, that's been "family night". The one night my wife and I can spend time because every other day is a disaster. Did I mention I work during the day?
  • Lyme Disease. Yeah...it was a rough summer, and I don't think I am through it yet. I may be stuck with this like an old suitcase. I have been very tired, and have even had some strange side effects that made flying not the best option for me
  • Loss of motivation.

So there is a list for you all who are hungry for one. This summer hasn't quite worked out the way I expected it too. I was even unable to continue in my college courses - and I am not taking classes this fall either.

So I'm really glad you found my latest web adventure. Before http://overclock3d.everythingcpo.com/ there was always just http://everythingcpo.com/, and there is still http://pilot.everythingcpo.com/. Before any of those was http://www.chrispoldervaart.com/. Heck, in 1995 I had a geocities web page. Sorry...that's just something I do. I did cut back on RC, because I have a family life to balance. If I did everything I want to do all the time, then it would be unfair to my wife and son. It's a tough balance because I have a lot of interests.

Anyway. I appreciate the concerns. I had a long discussion with my wife about my flying pursuits, and what I should do. She's supportive, but things need to settle down a bit. We talked about the fact that even after I get my PPL, what then?

As far as my Jeep. Yeah... I have one. It's how I get to work every day. I also play with it. I had the Jeep while I was flying. This is the 3rd Jeep I've owned. I enjoy them.

So while I didn't need to share any of this...I thought I would. Will I finish my PPL? Probably. Will it be right now...its looking rough. The plan is to try and see out spring goes, but life is busy...

Hope you get fully over Lyme, it's nasty. I wasn't disparaging you with the monetization comment, it's a valid new business model, no foul. I personally think the 'open source entertainment industry' model is a positive.

So... Thanks everyone, but monetization isn't the goal, although I have been in the Internet publishing/blogging hobby for quite a while now.

This summer has been rough, for several reasons. I realize that in the absence of information, people will clearly make up their own reasons for why I haven't posted in a while. Maybe this will appease some of you.

• Summer vacation
  • Aircraft down for nearly a month for maintenance (only 1 152 at the club and they wouldn't let me change types in the middle of training)
  • Commitments nearly every day of the week, and I have to transport my son to/from school. I host a small group in my home on Mondays. Tuesdays and Fridays my son goes to a sports trainer (and yeah.... I have to drive him). Thursdays I have Civil Air Patrol. Saturdays is almost always Lacrosse games or some other family activity. Sundays is church and lacrosse practice/tournaments. Okay...great that leaves Wednesday...Historically, that's been "family night". The one night my wife and I can spend time because every other day is a disaster. Did I mention I work during the day?
  • Lyme Disease. Yeah...it was a rough summer, and I don't think I am through it yet. I may be stuck with this like an old suitcase. I have been very tired, and have even had some strange side effects that made flying not the best option for me
  • Loss of motivation.

So there is a list for you all who are hungry for one. This summer hasn't quite worked out the way I expected it too. I was even unable to continue in my college courses - and I am not taking classes this fall either.

So I'm really glad you found my latest web adventure. Before http://overclock3d.everythingcpo.com/ there was always just http://everythingcpo.com/, and there is still http://pilot.everythingcpo.com/. Before any of those was http://www.chrispoldervaart.com/. Heck, in 1995 I had a geocities web page. Sorry...that's just something I do. I did cut back on RC, because I have a family life to balance. If I did everything I want to do all the time, then it would be unfair to my wife and son. It's a tough balance because I have a lot of interests.

Anyway. I appreciate the concerns. I had a long discussion with my wife about my flying pursuits, and what I should do. She's supportive, but things need to settle down a bit. We talked about the fact that even after I get my PPL, what then?

As far as my Jeep. Yeah... I have one. It's how I get to work every day. I also play with it. I had the Jeep while I was flying. This is the 3rd Jeep I've owned. I enjoy them.

So while I didn't need to share any of this...I thought I would. Will I finish my PPL? Probably. Will it be right now...its looking rough. The plan is to try and see out spring goes, but life is busy...

I really hope you do return to flying and documenting the process.
It was fun to tag along.

Well now this thread will die because we can no longer speculate. Glad to see going to jail wasn't on your list of summer activities.

OH... and I was in prison in Tijuana.

Okay...maybe not.

I really appreciate all the support I have gotten from you guys!

I wasn't disparaging you with the monetization comment, it's a valid new business model, no foul. I personally think the 'open source entertainment industry' model is a positive.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with making an honest buck if you can. Even better if you do it doing something you love to do.

Yikes, that's not fun.

I hope it gets better, soon.

Yeah, it's prudent not to fly when fighting malaise.

• Summer vacation
  • Loss of motivation.

I thought it would be something like this, if you do get back into flying maybe I'll see you at Tipton. And I hope you get better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back