Couple Quick ForeFlight Weather Questions

HighFlyingA380

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jim F.
Sorry if this has been addressed previously, but my searches didn't turn up what I needed; Feel free to link to another thread I missed...

So first off, is ForeFlight considered an "official" aviation weather brief? I thought I saw somewhere that FF would send a confirmation email for a brief, but I haven't gotten one yet. I've always been told that AWC and other weather sites don't track your usage, but things like Duat(s), WXBrief, and FltPlan.com are all "official" so the FAA can track if you actually did proper pre-flight actions, should something happen. So what constitutes an "official" brief, anyway?

Secondly, why does ForeFlight sometimes show multiple AIRMETs/SIGMETs that are the same? The location, time, altitudes, ect., are all the same, as far as I can tell. (See attached screen-shot from about a week ago.)

Attachments

• IMG_0018.PNG
    IMG_0018.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
ForeFlight uses your DUAT/DUATS credentials to obtain your briefing, so it should be as official as it gets.

ForeFlight uses your DUAT/DUATS credentials to obtain your briefing, so it should be as official as it gets.
I just put my info in, but it did say that an account wasn't required, and that you'd get a confirmation email. Does that only happen when you actually file? I've done a practice briefing, but didn't actually file it...

Setting up FF I added my CSC DUATS account number. Normal weather update data in FF may not use the CSC DUATS login. But when your "Brief and File" the DUATS registration is filed in the weather request. The CSC DUATS report is stored in your FF program that you can review. It has your record number of the briefing.

I receive an email when I "Brief & File." I don't get an email when I just do a brief.

Back