Cost to redo panel arrangement

Know anything about putting a WAAS antennae with an already existing, and staying, IFR/GPS antennae? Im gonna have to have one for ADSB.

I've sent my GNS 530 to Garmin for the WAAS upgrade. They send it back with a new antenna to replace the old non-WAAS one. The coax can be an issue. If the existing antenna is installed with RG58 it will have to be replaced with RG400. That's about the only antenna related complication as I understand.

Interesting concept. Pricing is fairly cheap as well. Curious to know who this is geared towards...certainly not avionics shops.

:confused:

Why not?
I am just planning a major center stack upgrade as part of the ADS-B compliance, and the shop I am dealing with has suggested I consider using Fast Stack. The labour cost savings over having the shop do the interface research and build custom harnesses appears worthwhile. The trade off is the wire bundles in back are not the precise and perfect length of a custom harness. Not important to me. Makes it a lot easier to change out a radio, or add something else later though.

Do you really think a AV shop owner will commit 2 hours, then have you walk? the two AV shops around here are booked 6 weeks in advanced.
I'd wager they have done your job a half dozen times and know exactly how long it takes what it costs. and will give you the price right on the spot.
When they get into your job and find its a POS, your going to get a call.

Why not?
I am just planning a major center stack upgrade as part of the ADS-B compliance, and the shop I am dealing with has suggested I consider using Fast Stack. The labour cost savings over having the shop do the interface research and build custom harnesses appears worthwhile. The trade off is the wire bundles in back are not the precise and perfect length of a custom harness. Not important to me. Makes it a lot easier to change out a radio, or add something else later though.

Looks like they are taking a cue from the NMEA networking systems from the marine industry.

Why not?

I guess I hadn't considered that. Perhaps I should inquire about that during our anticipated upgrade in 2017.

Back