Cost of running POA

corjulo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Corjulo
Given the cost of running this fine site seems to out pace the contributions I am surprised they have not done two things

1. Paypal contribution link

2. Google, Amazon or Yahoo column ads.

corjulo said:
Given the cost of running this fine site seems to out pace the contributions
Not really worried about it that much...people had been asking for a way to help contribute and I wanted a way that didn't feel TOO much like charity

I am surprised they have not done two things
They? You can talk to us directly, you know. That's the site feedback forum. ;)

I prefer having something to offer in return, thus the "extra feature for a recurring donation". Again, its the whole "Not begging" thing.

Never. End of discussion.

corjulo said:
Given the cost of running this fine site seems to out pace the contributions I am surprised they have not done two things

We've made a commitment to ourselves and the users that NO ads will go up on this site. Don't expect to see them.

Paypal contributions can be made by buying some of the extras available (noted in the News section (http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1864)). While you do get the service when you buy it, it's up to you if you really use it or not.

HA! I beat you to an answer for a change!!!

HEY! That's...well...absolutely true. I'm on the bench right now. :D

Had an interview at Legg Mason tho for a six month contract. If I end up there (probably will, it will be my third stint there) then I'm gonna get awful busy during the daytime again.

Greebo said:
If I end up there (probably will, it will be my third stint there) then I'm gonna get awful busy during the daytime again.
Well, I hope you do, at least for my sake. :D

(He shoots, he scores! The crowd goes nuts!) :goofy:

Brian Austin said:
Well, I hope you do, at least for my sake. :D

(He shoots, he scores! The crowd goes nuts!) :goofy:
You wait, mister. Your title is SO mine...

No no, thats a week from tomorrow...which reminds me, I need to set up a time to meet you in person and steal your citabria. :)

I'll be here. Turns out Cathy has to be back to Jax on Thursday for an important meeting. So we're coming back from the beach early.

Greebo said:
Never. End of discussion.

Excellent answer! No room for doubt.

While we're on the subject: The $36 email SMTP option. Can that be run completely through say Thunderbird doing both send and receive email without having to mess with the POA site? (ie setup just like you do any other email)

Yes, the SMTP mail option allows you to both receive and send mail using the mail tool of your choice.

The non SMTP option allows you to receive email, but to send it from your pilotsofamerica email address requires you to log onto the web email system. (The web email system is run by GoDaddy.com, and is actually very nice. I was set up to d/l and send for a while but since I'm behind firewalls half the time, I stuck with webmail. You can have smtp and use your webmail too tho so... :) )

Greebo said:
Yes, the SMTP mail option allows you to both receive and send mail using the mail tool of your choice.

Thanks. I figured that was the case. Always good to verify though.

Back