Corvalis ??

marcoseddi

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
marc
So I see a lot of threads and talking about the Cirrus and Beachcraft all that.. Never seen anybody talk about the Corvalis TT looks really expensive so I imagine that may have something to do with it.. But whats the down low on this beauty from the pilots of america people?

So I see a lot of threads and talking about the Cirrus and Beachcraft all that.. Never seen anybody talk about the Corvalis TT looks really expensive so I imagine that may have something to do with it.. But whats the down low on this beauty from the pilots of america people?

You pretty much nailed it. It is a beautiful, fast, dependable airplane. It is also very expensive to purchase and to operate. But if I could afford it . . .

Nice plane....:yes:

Fast.....:yes:

Pricey.... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

WOW!!! I have a 350 and went out today for quick trip from Tampa to key west and back. Was getting 165 kts at 23/23 and 11 gal. Pretty happy with that. Love the plane and the ac is pretty nice also. Was close to 90 today

From what I here, the useful load is not that great. It's also not FIKI certified, which limits its usefulness as a X-C machine.

From what I here, the useful load is not that great. It's also not FIKI certified, which limits its usefulness as a X-C machine.

Useful is about 1050ish. The TKS currently is not FIKI. End of this year it is supposed to be. Sadly Cessna (and the rest of the piston industry) can't seem to do anything but follow Cirrus a few years in trail.

Last year, Cessna sold one (1)*.

That's why you dont hear much about them.

* they had to shut down production for a while to sort out some QA issues.

Looked at them during sun and fun in 2010. But, never flown one. I did not like how you got into the airplane and how high the sides were when sitting in the plane. Also, full deflection on the side stick hit my leg. Although, I was told that wouldn't be an issue while flying. I did like the A/C, and speed.

I have a few hours in the original C300 when it was from Lancair certified. It is a very strong plane with excellent flying qualities. It is heavier in roll than a Cirrus which I consider a plus. I found the Cirrus more sports car like for VFR but the 300 more stable for hand flying IFR. Steep turns are a blast since the plane is easily trimmed to where the turn can be flown hands off. For visibility, egress/ingress, and cabin comfort I prefer the Cirrus. With the exception of the nose wheel strut I find the C300 incredibly sleek and attractive. Overall the C300 is an excellent plane and should have had more sales than it has.

The one with which I am most familiar was regularly flown from Ohio to Florida, and now I am told it goes from Colorado to Florida on a regular basis. I know it's done the Florida trip 4 up with luggage without stopping for gas.

The one with which I am most familiar was regularly flown from Ohio to Florida, and now I am told it goes from Colorado to Florida on a regular basis. I know it's done the Florida trip 4 up with luggage without stopping for gas.

102 Gals and LOP, you bet that thing has some range.

4 up with luggage. Not that I would ever publicly advocate it, but I expect the 400 flies just fine a little over gross just like the Cirri do. Given as many large foursomes with tour bags I see getting out of the same at KADS, make that I'm sure it's true.

102 Gals and LOP, you bet that thing has some range.

4 up with luggage. Not that I would ever publicly advocate it, but I expect the 400 flies just fine a little over gross just like the Cirri do. Given as many large foursomes with tour bags I see getting out of the same at KADS, make that I'm sure it's true.

The pilot I flew with would not fly overweight. He was a small guy like me though, and probably flew another small couple. I've flown four up with gas to the tabs in my Cherokee without being overweight. Just have to have the right four people.

The pilot I flew with would not fly overweight. He was a small guy like me though, and probably flew another small couple. I've flown four up with gas to the tabs in my Cherokee without being overweight. Just have to have the right four people.

You're not from Texas are you?

Back