Corny but effective sayings

A couple of more;

"He is so cheap, he Squeaks".

"Ten pounds of ___ in a Five pound bag"

John J

While on a trip to tour the Green Bay Packers facilities and visit the site of the "frozen tundra" I used the phrase "good to go" and people looked at me like I was nuts. A woman that was developing my film asked me what exactly is "good to go". I simply stated that if I had to explain it you wouldn't understand it, then smiled at her confusion and thanked her for the pictures and left. I think she still had that blank cloud over her head when I walked out.

Another common word here would be Yuzzzzzz, As in "are youzzzzzz ready to leave". It's strange but very common.

My all time favorite from my Dad.......Geeezzzz I miss him......I was all worked up dealing with the (first wife) inlaws, they were driving me nuts. My Pop started to smile and had a little laugh and said without hesitation....."If they don't pay your mortgage it really doesn't matter what they think". I still use that today...and you know...it's true!

Thank God the second time around is much better and the inlaws are fantastic. Speaking of which it's time to wake the bride up and head out for some eats then off to KMIV for my flying lesson!:goofy:

From the coast of Maine, somewhere North of Harpswell but South of Eastport.

That boys' number than a Hake.

Back