Cool Video of FedEx Wx Diversions

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
Turn up the volume. Bones, thanks for sharing this.

Chip

Greebo: Sorry, this file has been deleted because it started getting spam downloaded. It will be reposted later.

Last edited by a moderator:
a pic (or series of them) is worth a thousand thank-you's to atc for what they do every day.
I could see them workin it there.

Serously cool. I saw diversions to Nashvilee, Little Rock, St. Louis and Dallas at the end there.

That was really cool. I liked how the aircraft just barely missed the weather.

Very neat

That reminded me of a bunch of worker ants trying to get to the nest.

I found it interesting that it took longer for some of those diversions to get to the alternates than it would have taken to just wait out the storm and then land.

Reminds me of my last foray in to the same vicinity:yes:. I noticed that some of the pilots appeared to be a bit braver than most.

The music was cool, and you can see some of the aircraft in the hold and divert to alt.

Greg Bockelman said:
:yes:

Then someone got the Raid out.

Greg Bockelman said:

:rofl:

Millions of years of evolution, intelligence, civilization, computers, technology, wisdom...and we finally achieved ant status. :rofl:

Does anyone know what timeframe that covers? There's a counter in the lower left but I can't read it. I'd suspect if we monitored all arrivals at a given airport over a 24 hour period, we'd see the same behavior.

What the storm needed was the "shark" music from JAWS!

Very cool display. I like how it was a single file line going around the red.

I liked those pilots (maybe three) who decided to hold for a while to the north, then came in for landing after the Wx had passed. 'Course, not everyone has the fuel for that option .....

I know one of the guys at Metron (who make the POET software that takes all the FAA radar data and stores it and displays it - it's the basis of sites like FlightAware.com) and maybe I can get some other raw data from him.

Sure was neat.

I liked watching the few brave souls who saw green on the radar and decided to chance scooting through it. You end up either on the evening news, or on the ground sipping coffee...

And, yeah, that's cool, but it doesn't explain why my two-day package was delivered across the street and two doors down....

I WANT ANSWERS DMMIT!

;)

lancefisher said:
I noticed that some of the pilots appeared to be a bit braver than most.

I wonder what the passenger airlines would have done? IOW, when does passenger comfort come into play when deciding how close to get to the weather?

Back