Cool thing happened on my instrument training flight tonight

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Coolest thing today happened. I was going through a mock Checkride with my instructor as I will be having my instrument Checkride shortly. I did a RNAV GPS instrument approach to Chicago Executive runway 16. When I was descending my instructor told me the ceiling which was higher than the decision altitude so I lifted the view limiting hood , looked up and saw the runway straight ahead. No big deal, that happens all the time. What was amazing was waiting to take off was a WWII Boeing B 17. I greased the landing, but kinda wished I could have taken pictures. It's just I was too busy landing the plane.......

Probably on the way to OSH.

Coolest thing today happened. I was going through a mock Checkride with my instructor as I will be having my instrument Checkride shortly. I did a RNAV GPS instrument approach to Chicago Executive runway 16. When I was descending my instructor told me the ceiling which was higher than the decision altitude so I lifted the view limiting hood , looked up and saw the runway straight ahead. No big deal, that happens all the time. What was amazing was waiting to take off was a WWII Boeing B 17. I greased the landing, but kinda wished I could have taken pictures. It's just I was too busy landing the plane.......

Those guys will give you a ride for a hundred bucks. Go find him, and get going.

Those guys will give you a ride for a hundred bucks. Go find him, and get going.

Well $450 for a half hour anyway. :D That's about what they charge for a ride on Memphis Belle or Aluminum Overcast.

...and they sell a lot of seats.

Well $450 for a half hour anyway. :D That's about what they charge for a ride on Memphis Belle or Aluminum Overcast.

It's the same thing for the Yankee Lady. It all goes to cost. No one there makes a penny.

The damn thing burns 200 gal/hr in cruise.

I wouldn't hesitate to pay that if I could actually fly it, but my ain't paying that for a passenger (well...gunner) seat.

I wouldn't hesitate to pay that if I could actually fly it, but my ain't paying that for a passenger (well...gunner) seat.

I haven't paid to ride in a warbird, but if I did, I would consider most of it to be a donation to help keep it in flying condition.

I haven't paid to ride in a warbird, but if I did, I would consider most of it to be a donation to help keep it in flying condition.

That's because most of it is probably a donation.

That's because most of it is probably a donation.

I would hope so. They certainly couldn't keep them in flying condition based on their transportation value.

Back