Cool place to stay in New Orleans?

alaskaflyer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Alaskaflyer
We are going to spend a couple of nights in New Orleans for some fun and romance before visiting family near Memphis for Thanksgiving, and instead of the typical CBD or F. Quarter hotels we were looking for some interesting B&B or similar to stay. My experience with urban bed and breakfasts is that they can certainly be hit or miss.

I'm pretty familiar with New Orleans itself - grew up visiting family down there - but now that the family have all up and moved since, this is the first time I've actually had to search for accommodations. Anyone have any suggestions? We'll want to center around the Quarter or the Garden District, or the east side of the CBD near the Quarter. We won't be driving so parking is not an issue.

St. Louis is primo, too!

I'm sorry, I should probably admit that I replied before reading the actual content of the post. :redface:

The last time I was in NOLA, it was before the hurricane, but I often stay at the Hilton Riverside. It's close to just about everything. Of course, I spend most of my time at the convention center. It's at the end of Poydra, right on the Riverwalk.

Thanks for the suggestions...Steve's place was booked, and so it was down to the Hotel St. Louis (or the sister property) or the Crowne Plaza. We went with the St. Louis - you can stay in a Crowne Plaza anywhere...

I had a nice stay Le Richelieu Hotel pre-Katrina. While it doesn't really meet your criteria, it's located at the far, quiet end of the French Quarter and has a lot of character. Got a pretty good AAA rate, as I recall.

Back