Cool optical illusion

All has to do with over/underloading the receptors in your eyes. LIke when you look at the sun and then see the green spots. The sun isn't green (well comsomlogically it is, but that's another thing) but that's what you see after your cones and rods are bomabarded with those photons and then the bomardment terminates. Your brain tries to adjust for the overload, and then temporarily shows you something else.

N2212R said:
All has to do with over/underloading the receptors in your eyes. LIke when you look at the sun and then see the green spots. The sun isn't green (well comsomlogically it is, but that's another thing) but that's what you see after your cones and rods are bomabarded with those photons and then the bomardment terminates. Your brain tries to adjust for the overload, and then temporarily shows you something else.

Looks kinda like a negative... so I thought it might have something to do with that. :dunno:

It is ALMOST a negative. I don't know the term, but when I take the b/w and the negative of what is show and merge them with a 30-50% opacity of the neagative photo over the top of the black and white photo, it comes out pretty close to what it would normally look like. How to reverse the process however, I'm not that experienced with Photoshop, but Imagunnatry.

Back