Cool new stuff from Apple that's for everyone

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Cool... The "AppleTV" is going to bring YouTube to your TV. For the non-Kool Aid drinkers, the AppleTV is a box that grabs content via WiFi from one of your home computers (actually, it'll sync content from one computer and stream from up to five). So, you can get music, videos, audio and/or video podcasts, and movies purchased from the iTunes store (and now YouTube videos too) right at your TV. If I ever watched TV, it'd be pretty cool.

Also, "iTunes Plus." EMI (and presumably the indie stuff) songs are now available at double the previous encoding rate (now 256Kbps) with NO DRM. That's huge, and the fact that EMI has done it will probably lead to the other labels allowing it soon as well. Also, if you purchase an entire album (normally $9.99) the new high-quality DRM-free version is the same price. Very cool.

Then there's "iTunes U" which is free educational content available from many universities on the iTunes store.

And, of course, all of us Mac users have tons of other cool stuff on the way too. :)

I love my Mac...actually I love all 5 of them. When we had PC's and a linksys/belkin router, it was a pain in the arse to network...sending files to each other was painful, and it was very difficult to get the networked printer working.

With my Macs and Base Station, Everything just works. There's very little setup for networking, and sharing printers is just about automatic.

But what about Flight Simulator? It's what made me want to fly airplanes..I wish I could still have it on my Mac..Oh! I can! With Bootcamp and a legit version of Windows (XP, or hahahaha...Vista) I can NATIVELY run windows on my iMac. What a deal, right! Two computers for $2,000 bucks.

I love my Mac...actually I love all 5 of them. When we had PC's and a linksys/belkin router, it was a pain in the arse to network...sending files to each other was painful, and it was very difficult to get the networked printer working.

With my Macs and Base Station, Everything just works. There's very little setup for networking, and sharing printers is just about automatic.

But what about Flight Simulator? It's what made me want to fly airplanes..I wish I could still have it on my Mac..Oh! I can! With Bootcamp and a legit version of Windows (XP, or hahahaha...Vista) I can NATIVELY run windows on my iMac. What a deal, right! Two computers for $2,000 bucks.

FWIW, I just replaced the hard drive on my PowerBook, and I bought an iMac while I was there. The Apple store rep. suggested waiting until Leopard comes out in the Fall, since BootCamp is still a beta and if you use it and you have problems, Apple will not support it. It will be fully functional and included in warranty support with Leopard.

SafetyGuy

Back