Cool announcement about the Poker Run!!

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Our resident weather expert, Scott Dennstaedt, has generously stepped up to provide some incredibly awesome aviation-related educational prizes for this year's participants! I can't begin to say "thank you" enough to Scott... if you haven't spent time reading his articles or browsing his website, or signing up for one of his three tiers of educational memberships (which start at FREE), you're missing some true gems of weather knowledge and understanding--something all pilots need more of.

Scott has offered up some free memberships to augment our prize pool!

• Our 1st place winner (best hand) of the Poker Run will not only take 50% of the buy-in pot, but will also receive a FULL YEAR COMPLIMENTARY ELITE MEMBERSHIP, which includes Scott's unique Trip Monitoring service and one of his personalized weather briefings / trip report (click here to see a sample).
  • Our 2nd and 3rd place winners will each receive a free 90-day REGULAR membership.
  • We'll also hold a drawing from all remaining poker run participants to win one of SEVEN MORE free 90-day regular memberships!

Winners will receive a certificate that they must redeem with Scott; certain limitations apply, of course, and there are provisions for extending memberships if a current subscribing member wins one of the prizes.

So, COME OUT AND PLAY THE POKER RUN! Let's make this one of the most FUN years EVER!

Full game rules and thread can be found here.

Last edited:
Did this prize jinx the weather at Gastons?! Gonna be icing and thunderstorms now, huh? Approach plates looking like Skew-T diagrams, etc. NUTS!

That's a GREAT prize! Thanks, Scott! Now I'll have to make sure I win! :)

Freezing Fog.

Locusts.

Great Troy. Thanks Scott, I'm really looking forward to my elite membership :p

Back