Convict walks out of jail onto airliner

steingar

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
steingar
Used an emergency exit to bypass security. Who'd have thunk? Let's hear it for the TSA, keeping us all safe. The fellow was intercepted when the number of passengers on the airliner turned out to be one too many. Story here.

Subject line sounds like the opening to the classic joke style:

"A guy walks into a bar..."

Story said:
"The guy did breach security, but he was caught," Bolduc said. "We have multiple layers of security built into our airports, as you know, and the backup systems were able to catch this guy."
The backup system being...a flight attendant who can count to 30? Good thing we've spent so many billion$$ on the primary systems, then.

Boy, I'm glad I'm being fondled by TSA agents now, surely this is a prime example that the system works and not a colossal failure. :rolleyes:

Times must be bad at TSA, all that money and nowhere to spend it. I got a mailer in the mail yesterday wanting me to apply to work for them... I guess ball grabbing and colostomy bag inspection at $12.00/hr isn't attracting tons of applicants.

Ms. Reno will be along shortly to say that the system worked the way it was supposed to..... :(

Ms. Reno will be along shortly to say that the system worked the way it was supposed to..... :(

It's already in the article:

"The guy did breach security, but he was caught," Bolduc said. "We have multiple layers of security built into our airports, as you know, and the backup systems were able to catch this guy."

No need for Ms. Napolitano or Mr. Pistole to say it.

kudos to the attendant who recounted - it's a very prevalent attitude to loosely count or pretend to count or even just dismiss it. good on them for following through.

kudos to the attendant who recounted - it's a very prevalent attitude to loosely count or pretend to count or even just dismiss it. good on them for following through.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that the count was was necessitated by an unseated paying customer. If I'm right, the airplane could have easily taken off with it's extra burden.

Back