Continental Fuel flow setup gear help

Tokirbymd

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tokirbymd
Update- looks like an AN-4 fitting. So standard 7/16-20. I assume brass to avoid damaging the engine side fitting?

What size thread fitting is the 639494 cap fitting from the inlet Tee and the MS51523-B4 swivel tee on the Continental fuel servo? M-0 and SID98-3 call out these parts with procedure to attach a 0-60psi gauge and hose to setup metered and unmetered fuel flow, but I don't want to damage the threads with the wrong attachment. I believe MS51523-B4 swivel tee is 7/16"-20?

Last edited:
Are you making a test set?

Are you making a test set?
Yes. I think I have sourced the components. Looks like a Dwyer digital pressure gauge with 1/4” npt threads fitted to fuel hose and an-4 90 deg swivel female on the end that attaches to the engine. Already have the T in place and I don’t think I need the second gauge as will use JPI fuel flow to measure the high end metered

Yes. I think I have sourced the components. Looks like a Dwyer digital pressure gauge with 1/4” npt threads fitted to fuel hose and an-4 90 deg swivel female on the end that attaches to the engine. Already have the T in place and I don’t think I need the second gauge as will use JPI fuel flow to measure the high end metered
I don't recall all the sizes, take the cap and other fittings to the parts store and see what fits them. Does the JPI monitor the high end pressure or just flow? I have two gauges for mine because I only have flow rate, not pressure. It can be done with one gauge of the appropriate range but it has to be switched from the low to high side.

FYI the SID states to use two Tees MS51523-B4. My setup is a little different based on what I could get at the time.

Be careful how you mix 1/4" NPT and -6 (JIC) aircraft fittings. They may seem to sorta screw together, but the 1/4" NPT thread is tapered and will wreck anything else.

I don't recall all the sizes, take the cap and other fittings to the parts store and see what fits them. Does the JPI monitor the high end pressure or just flow? I have two gauges for mine because I only have flow rate, not pressure. It can be done with one gauge of the appropriate range but it has to be switched from the low to high side.
JPI monitors flow not pressure, but suspect if the K factor is correct that would be more accurate anyway.

FYI the SID states to use two Tees MS51523-B4. My setup is a little different based on what I could get at the time.
My engine(s) already has a tee in place with a cap over the unused port to remove when testing. There is no second T required on the TSIO360

Be careful how you mix 1/4" NPT and -6 (JIC) aircraft fittings. They may seem to sorta screw together, but the 1/4" NPT thread is tapered and will wreck anything else.
Yeah thanks for the warning. That is what I was afraid of. The Dwyer gauge is NPT. The T fitting I think is AN-4 but am waiting on some parts to be delivered to confirm. Had to look up to confirm JIC=AN (albeit with different quality control specs).

Back