Constipation Medical

Alwyn van der Linde

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Alwayslevel
Hey guys. A year ago I had a bout of intermittent constipation that lasted about a month, never really had issues with constipation before so to rule out anything serious I went to a gastroenterologist and did a colonoscopy which didn't reveal anything. The constipation resolved as I added more insoluble fiber to my diet (I didn't know there was a difference between soluble and insoluble fiber, turns out I wasn't getting enough of the insoluble kind) and haven't had any problems since. Anyways I completely forgot to mention this bout of constipation to my AME (and on the form) on my last medical, will this be a problem? If so how do I go about correcting it? Maybe there is some AMEs on this forums that can help. Thanks in advance.

The visit with the gastroenterologist and the scoping should have been declared. After discussing the visit with you, the AME would have added to his side of the form notes saying that noting was found and blockage resolved.

Possibly no significant consequence, so like the additional fiber, this too shall pass.

The visit with the gastroenterologist and the scoping should have been declared. After discussing the visit with you, the AME would have added to his side of the form notes saying that noting was found and blockage resolved.

Possibly no significant consequence, so like the additional fiber, this too shall pass.
Thanks for the reply, would you suggest correcting it by declaring it in the next examination?

..bit of a Schrodinger's Box sort of thing.. I wonder how many people end up in a world of bureaucratic hurt.. Since the exam showed nothing, isn't this sort of like not having gone at all?

Anyway, good luck.. but since there wasn't any actual "issue" you're ultimately probably fine. You could alwyas just ask your AME too and get his insight I suppose

..bit of a Schrodinger's Box sort of thing.. I wonder how many people end up in a world of bureaucratic hurt.. Since the exam showed nothing, isn't this sort of like not having gone at all?

Anyway, good luck.. but since there wasn't any actual "issue" you're ultimately probably fine. You could alwyas just ask your AME too and get his insight I suppose
Thanks for the reply, on a side note the schrodinger's cat theory is great way to describe the situation haha

report at next routine exam, if it like the other events are within the 3 year reporting window.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back