Constant Spybot requests

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
for changes in registry, I have no idea what they are, how to evaluate them, if I should or shouldn't!

see pic for latest eg.

Attachments

• SpybotActions.JPG
    SpybotActions.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 20
Hi Dave. Google LXBXCATS...

You have a Lexmark printer? This is the program that monitors your cartridges to notify you if they need ink. I'd uninstall that little "helper program" if you feel you can tell when your ink cartridges are getting low. Otherwise, click the "remember" box and tell it to allow the change so it will stop bugging you about alerts from this program.

Hi Dave. Google LXBXCATS...

You have a Lexmark printer? This is the program that monitors your cartridges to notify you if they need ink. I'd uninstall that little "helper program" if you feel you can tell when your ink cartridges are getting low. Otherwise, click the "remember" box and tell it to allow the change so it will stop bugging you about alerts from this program.

After fighting with mine I'm convinced they monitor to make sure you're keeping up your required payments. I gotta figure that every ink jet printer maker kisses each one that goes the door to thank it for being a $200+ a year revenue stream.

When the critical need detector in mine decided to make it a blank paper dispenser I vowed to hook up my laser printers.

BTW, only one of the two black ink tanks shows as low. My point is I have to buy new cartridges even if I rarely print stuff - keep up the payments.

hmm maybe they discovered I have been refilling my ink cartridges for the last 18 months with a syringe and ink bottle?

How do I remove the helper program?

Exactly which Lexmark model do you have, Dave? It might be bundled into the printer driver software, rather than be a separate program. In that case, there might be an option on the printer driver screens to 'disable reminders' for cartridge status.

Is there a "Lexmark Solution Center" icon in your system tray? If so, right click over it and close it. (There may be an "Options" option... you could try looking there and see if you can set the program not to run when windows starts up). This option gives you the ability to run the software manually if you choose, later.

If you prefer to remove it forever, then go find "Lexmark Solution Center" in your Add/Remove Programs list, and uninstall it. It won't remove the printer driver, just all that "extra" stuff.

Last edited:
Yes I would like to completely kill the low ink notifications and prevent the company from getting info from my computer if possible.
Here are the options that show up when I right click the printer tray icon at the bottom right.
It says, 'disable comm from the printer',...I hope if I select that the printer will continue to function normally.

But the bigger question is, why did the spybot registry change show up now? I have done nothing with regard to installing/uninstalling the printer or its components for months.

And there are other Spybot warnings on a weekly basis, from other sources. Does Spybot offer suggestions on how to evaluate these requests, or does the average person just click Approve and carry on?

Attachments

• Lexmark.JPG
    Lexmark.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 5
Yes I would like to completely kill the low ink notifications and prevent the company from getting info from my computer if possible.
Here are the options that show up when I right click the printer tray icon at the bottom right.
It says, 'disable comm from the printer',...I hope if I select that the printer will continue to function normally.

But the bigger question is, why did the spybot registry change show up now? I have done nothing with regard to installing/uninstalling the printer or its components for months.

And there are other Spybot warnings on a weekly basis, from other sources. Does Spybot offer suggestions on how to evaluate these requests, or does the average person just click Approve and carry on?

Click on that "Lexmark 7100 Series Solution Center" option... show us what's behind door number 3.

And yes, I think most people just click Approve... not saying that's a GOOD way to handle it, but it's the whole "cry wolf" thing. Some other products will search their database and let you know if they think you should approve or deny it... A little Google searching ((sometimes, a lot)) is required, otherwise.

Back