Considering a new feature: "My Hangar"

Please read the descriptive post and review the attachments. Would you use this?

• Yes! I'd love to show off my plane!

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No, but I want to see other people's planes!

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No, I would not use this.

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
We are considering adding a new feature to the Pilots of America Site: "My Hangar"

This feature would allow you to enter detailed information about your airplane and post up to half a dozen or so pictures of your plane for display here.

The demo screenshots are for a site using this hack to display cars, but its easily changed to planes. :)

Example screenshots are attached:
Main Gallery - what the main hangar gallery would look like (roughly)
Closeup - looking at an individual entry
Comments - Users can add comments about planes
Creating / Editing - how entries are added

Please answer the poll whether you think you would like to use this or not. :)

Good idea with on caveat.

Planes are expensive and hold expensive stuff. It could be used for people to locate and take expensive stuff from said expensive aircraft if too much identity was posted. (like and N number)

Beyond that, good idea.

I dont own a plane or a hanger so I can't vote. I'm sure you don't want to see the clubs planes or multibple hangers. :D

Good points - it would be up to the person posting their airplane info to determine how much to share, of course.

As far as voting is concerned, there are three options - two of which would be perfectly suitable for someone who DOESNT own a plane. :)

We're interested in hearing from everyone (well, at least all of our users) on this issue - not just those with planes. :)

Flyboy said:
Good idea with on caveat.

Planes are expensive and hold expensive stuff. It could be used for people to locate and take expensive stuff from said expensive aircraft if too much identity was posted. (like and N number)

Beyond that, good idea.

I dont own a plane or a hanger so I can't vote. I'm sure you don't want to see the clubs planes or multibple hangers. :D

I'd Like to see any aircraft you fly, Who cares who owns it? Want to show it? I'd like to look.

But You know I have a bunch of pictures of my project. And may become a bore showing them.

Mine's locked up in a hangar, but I do agree with the security concerns. I'd love to see the pictures though!

Greebo said:
We are considering adding a new feature to the Pilots of America Site: "My Hangar"

Oh, cool. I'd love to post pictures of my hangar. ;)

Can I post pictures of my tractors there, too?

Neato! Tractors AND airplanes together!!!! Question is, how can I get my non street legal Kubotas to the airport without the boys writing me a ticket? Hmmm....3 miles, top speed of what 5 mph? I guess I should wait until they're all at Starbucks or something.

And do I have to move the vehicles out of the hangar, or will you allow airplanes, tractors and cars together?

:)

Dee ---thinking there might be some kind of law against all of them in one hangar at the same time........

Diana said:
Oh, cool. I'd love to post pictures of my hangar. ;)

Can I post pictures of my tractors there, too?
Is it FAA Certified? ;-)

Well I can see so far that the support for this idea is very strong (almost 90% in favor). Look to see this feature added soon. :)

NC19143 said:
I'd Like to see any aircraft you fly, Who cares who owns it? Want to show it? I'd like to look.

But You know I have a bunch of pictures of my project. And may become a bore showing them.

Well, the club Mooney is in my avatar. :)

Back