Congratulations are in order ...

RogerT

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
RogerT
Saw Geico's completed RV12 yesterday when he brought it
to the airport. Fantastic job. Way to go Larry.

RT

Cool! Flying yet?

Would love to see an RV-12 up close.

Wow -- that went fast. Congratulations!

I would love to see it. If you need any help with anything on it yet -- let me know.

Here ya go! After 888 hours of construction time N912VZ is an E-LSA flying machine! Flies 138 MPH, stalls, around 40, burns 3-4 GPH mogas, flies like an RV. Very controlable in slow flight, good rudder command in cross winds, nimble, and stalls are predictable. Getting her slowed down in the pattern is a chore, but slips nicely.

After 2 more hours of fly off time (total of 5 in Phase 1) it's off to the paint shop for quotes.

RV-12_1.JPG

RV_-12_2.JPG

RV-12_3.JPG

Thanks for the kind words Roger T. After seeing your work on the Titan it means alot! (I'm buttering Roger T up because I need him in the right seat as baggage in a few more hours. :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
That is really cool! Congrats!

Here ya go!

Nice!!!

After 2 more hours of fly off time (total of 5 in Phase 1) it's off to the paint shop for quotes.

Where are you going to have it painted? One of guys that just finished up his -10 here in Boone is going to take his bird to a shop in Lincoln after he gets his hours flown off.

Can't remember the name of it, but it's an actual airplane painting company instead of a car body shop.

Is that your first build project? How hard would you say it is for a beginner? I have contemplated building one, if I could find a big enough space (no garage at my house).

You're not burning 3-4gph at 138mph are you? More like 4.5-5 at that speed I'd guess.

Is that your first build project? How hard would you say it is for a beginner? I have contemplated building one, if I could find a big enough space (no garage at my house).

You're not burning 3-4gph at 138mph are you? More like 4.5-5 at that speed I'd guess.

I have rebuilt / and rehabbed several RV's, anda few ultra lights, but this is the first start to finish. It's not that hard, but you must dedicate yourself to the project at least 1/2 hour a day, every day, or like Capt. Thorpe said; "many start, few finish". . I think the -12 will change that due to it's simplicity, and kit completeness. Everything is supplied, every rivet, nut, washer, cotter pin, everything except shop tools, paint, and handle grips! lol

Not real sure on the fuel burn yet, still calibrating the fuel senders.

Last edited:
I have rebuilt / and rehabbed several RV's, anda few ultra lights, but this is the first start to finish. It's not that hard, but you must dedicate yourself to the project at least 1/2 hour a day, every day, or like Capt. Thorpe said; "many start, few finish". . I think the -12 will change that due to it's simplicity, and kit completeness. Everything is supplied, every rivet, nut, washer, cotter pin, everything except shop tools, paint, and handle grips! lol

Not real sure on the fuel burn yet, still calibrating the fuel senders.
Engine and instruments too?

Nice picture!

Yep, everything is included, engine avionics, POH, manuals, even the decals.
cool- I went to the site and I'm surely tempted...looks like one can build it on the installment plan...each section looks relatively inexpensive until you get to the engine and instruments, although "finishing" is pushing "inexpensive".

Thanks for the kind words Roger T. After seeing your work on the Titan it means alot! (I'm buttering Roger T up because I need him in the right seat as baggage in a few more hours. :rolleyes: )

I'm always available as baggage. ;-)

Very nice build!

Looks great, and I'm sure I would have liked the building as well.

Back