Conditions that will result in denial

davyvfr

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
Hello,

I don't have any medical conditions that would be a problem, but what medical conditions would result in a 100% chance of not getting a medical?

Like can someone fly with Alzheimer's? I noticed someone got issued a medical at 102 years old.

Too many what ifs to list all the reasons for denial .

Hello,

I don't have any medical conditions that would be a problem, but what medical conditions would result in a 100% chance of not getting a medical?

Like can someone fly with Alzheimer's? I noticed someone got issued a medical at 102 years old.

It's difficult to believe that someone with a diagnosis of Alzheimers would pass 67.307, Mental.

So if you're 102 years old, do you automatically have alzheimers'?

Your post in the other string is outrageous. http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1223810#post1223810 Your idea to email 25 AMEs just poisons the well for everyone. I'm not wasting any time with the likes of you.

We can issue 13 of the 15 with the proper documentation. There are plenty of other conditions that are disqualiflying, that aren't in the published 15.

Dr. Carpenter, (seen in the film), used to tell me, the question at the end of the video was which of the 15 disqualifying conditions did Billi Bob NOT have?

Last edited:
I think he did, and I did not give him the spoon feed he requested. He should ask the other 24 guys. Or call up the FAA and see what that gets him.

We can issue 13 of the 15 with the proper documentation.

Out of curiosity, which 2 can't be done?

I'd guess the ones with loss of conciousness or nervous control without explanation. Not sure what you can document there to make that ok except that it hasn't happened recently.

Last edited:
I used to have a client who had retired from the Air Force, where he'd flown fighters. He also had been diagnosed with and hospitalized and successfully treated for service-related PTSD at some point in his service, and then returned to full duty following treatment.

A year or so after his retirement, he decided to get a PPL. Imagine how surprised he was when his application for a medical was denied, and he learned he would have to jump through more hoops than a circus animal to get certified.

It turned out to be a moot issue. On 9/11, he learned of the attacks while playing golf, and immediately contacted the Air Force and volunteered to go active again. The Air Force accepted his offer, and after some refresher training, put him back in fighters. I've sold the business and moved since then, but last I heard, he was still flying them.

-Rich

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back