Complex endorsement with amphib?

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
Unfortunately in my area there seem to be nearly no complex or high performance aircraft. A nearby airport does happen to have a 180 on amphibs for rent. Could @Mtns2SkiesBetterHalf get her high performance and complex endorsement using this plane? Would the retract of the amphibs count?

§ 61.1 Applicability and definitions—

Complex airplane means an airplane that has a retractable landing gear, flaps, and a controllable pitch propeller...... blah blah blah....in the case of a seaplane, flaps and a controllable pitch propeller, including seaplanes equipped with an engine control system consisting of a digital computer and associated accessories for controlling the engine and propeller, such as a full authority digital engine control.

You don't need amphibious floats for a 180 on floats to require a complex endorsement to fly.

Unfortunately in my area there seem to be nearly no complex or high performance aircraft. A nearby airport does happen to have a 180 on amphibs for rent. Could @Mtns2SkiesBetterHalf get her high performance and complex endorsement using this plane? Would the retract of the amphibs count?

Yes.

Did my initial complex and later CPL in a 172XP on straight floats, you don’t even need the amphibs.

If she does it in the 180, make sure they also give her a high performance too.

Flaps + CS + Floats = Complex

Or we can do it off the books in my Comanche

Not to be a smarta** but what part of retractable wheels on floats would NOT qualify? Not that it matters with floats. Straight floats qualify also.

Could do the initial commercial in the floatplane.

Believe there’s some sort of carve out for the complex on the initial seaplane commercial, but don’t quite remember and I’m not home to look it up. Just ringing a bell in memory.

And you know we’re the only stupid State left with no legal public water to land on with seaplanes anyway, so not stuff I pay close attention to.

Not to be a smarta** but what part of retractable wheels on floats would NOT qualify? Not that it matters with floats. Straight floats qualify also.
I wasn't sure if it had to be on the type certificate as a retract. I see now that straight floats would qualify.

What are you trying to do? Commercial? Is there not a Bo, Toga owner on this board that would be willing to help you out? How about calling up Bartelt Aviation in Sturgis, MI? They have a bunch of PA32s and CFIs on staff with boatloads of time in them.

What are you trying to do?
Read my first post.
Commercial?
No. Read my first post.
Is there not a Bo, Toga owner on this board that would be willing to help you out?
Yes. A Commanche. Read earlier in the thread.
How about calling up Bartelt Aviation in Sturgis, MI? They have a bunch of PA32s and CFIs on staff with boatloads of time in them.
Or how about the 180 on amphibs that was mentioned... in my first post.

Wow.... You must be a politician. Answering a question without answering a question. Or you just don't want to because you don't like me. Prolly the last part though.....

Read my first post.

No. Read my first post.

Yes. A Commanche. Read earlier in the thread.

Or how about the 180 on amphibs that was mentioned... in my first post.

Back