Comodo Internet Security (Free Version)

RJM62

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geek on the Hill
Anyone else using this?

http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php

Being your basic tightwad whose ears perk up when they hear the word "free," I've been testing this suite for about two months now; and with the exception of one bad update that hogged my CPU resources, I've been pretty darn impressed with it. Certainly I like it much better than McAfee or anything from Symantec, and I think it's on a par with AVG and Trend (and seems to use less resources).

I'm interested in other opinions, as I may start recommending it for my clients. There are no restrictions on its use: The license is valid for both home and business users.

-Rich

Whats the catch??

marc

None that I know of. I think it's something they developed in-house for their own use, and decided to make public. Or maybe they just want to introduce people to the company. In any case, there's no spyware or nag screens, ads, or anything like that.

Comodo provides some pretty heavy-duty enterprise-type security, backup, and other services. I re-sell a few of them, and the company's solid in general. I was wondering if anyone else was using this particular product.

-Rich

Back