Come out of the closet

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Come on you lurkers! Currently viewing the POA webboard are "124 guests and 25 members." Come on in and sign up--the water's fine!

A large number of the guests are probably indexing robots.

MSmith said:
A large number of the guests are probably indexing robots.

Like the ones in the Terminator?

wangmyers said:
Come on you lurkers! Currently viewing the POA webboard are "124 guests and 25 members." Come on in and sign up--the water's fine!
Ben,
I suspect that like me ,many do not sign on unless they are going to post or chat or check private messages. I do this because I like the way "todays post" works verses "New posts."

KD

There does appear to be a big jump in registrations today. Maybe the url got some public mention somewhere? :confused:

Steve said:
There does appear to be a big jump in registrations today. Maybe the url got some public mention somewhere? :confused:

A link was posted on AvSig to the Fed Ex vidio (I didn't do it!). I mentioned how neat the vid was (the one Chip posted) on there and asked where I could post it so others could view. Someone else on there (names withheld to protect the innocent) posted a link from there to that vid on this board. Hopefully, some of those folks will see our board and like it!!

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
A link was posted on AvSig to the Fed Ex vidio (I didn't do it!). I mentioned how neat the vid was (the one Chip posted) on there and asked where I could post it so others could view. Someone else on there (names withheld to protect the innocent) posted a link from there to that vid on this board. Hopefully, some of those folks will see our board and like it!!

Dave

I posted the FEDEX video info as a connection direct to the thread here, on Pacific NW Flyers forum a couple days ago too which incidently, is where I learned of PoA.

Since we're fessin up, I also posted it on the Bonanza net. Chip should take pride in posting something we'd all like to share so much!!

Dave

Unfortunately that link has caused us to get subjected to a DOS (denial of service) attack, I'm seeing users pop up that are being created JUST to view that video, and then they're viewing the video over and over again.

I'm going to take steps to deal with this tonight and tomorrow, in the meantime I've had to suspend new registrations.

Greebo said:
Unfortunately that link has caused us to get subjected to a DOS (denial of service) attack, I'm seeing users pop up that are being created JUST to view that video, and then they're viewing the video over and over again.

I'm going to take steps to deal with this tonight and tomorrow, in the meantime I've had to suspend new registrations.

Sorry Chuck. That's why I didn't offer to link to this site; unfortunately, someone else did.

Dave

Hey I don't mind the attention - just didn't expect such a flood of activity.

I'm working on putting in some other filters to make sure that real people can get in easily, now.

i'm here a couple times a week and don't bother to log in unless i have something worthwhile to say. ya know, like now! lol, tc

Greebo said:
Hey I don't mind the attention - just didn't expect such a flood of activity.

I'm working on putting in some other filters to make sure that real people can get in easily, now.
This thread will show up on google before long you will have a flood of Gay pilots looking to come out of the closet. not that theres anything wrong with that...

The law of unintended consequences has struck again...or no good deed goes unpunished...

Chip tries to be nice and share and ends up overloading the system.

It's all Captain Bones' fault, that ne'er do well...

Dave Siciliano said:
Since we're fessin up, I also posted it on the Bonanza net. Chip should take pride in posting something we'd all like to share so much!!

Dave

Chip did good! The problem isn't the people who want to validly view the file, its those who want to bring down any system they can because they can. As soon as I find a way to stop the kind of barage downloading that was going on, I intend to loosen things up again as much as possible.

Back