Comcast Hacked

Can't get anything but the search engine here in PA. I wondered what was going on with it. Looks like a good mess.

Jim G

Looks like someone jacked their domain on Network Solutions (changed the authoritative name servers). Oops--I guess their password shouldn't have been "comcast".

Looks like someone jacked their domain on Network Solutions (changed the authoritative name servers). Oops--I guess their password shouldn't have been "comcast".
It wasn't. It was C0mc4$t! Much more secure! :yes::rofl: Sure hope it's fixed soon, since I'm without email without it!

:rofl: Really? Amazing.

As I say, we have professional differences. I'm a professional. They're different.

email appears to be back on line - still having the occasional issue with their webpage that contains their links to webmail

oops, email is sorta back on line - inbox displays but any action results in a page hanging

I am so glad I don't work there anymore.

Whew.

:goofy: Oh, wow. Yeah. Can you imagine the help desk calls? I'll bet the subs can't even get through.

I like Comcast's take that they're gonna pursue criminal charges. They need to pursue employee dismissal charges.

Pure hillarity:

Administrative Contact:
Domain Registrations, Comcast kryogenicsdefiant@gmail.com
Defiant still raping 2k8 ebk
69 dick tard lane
dildo room
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19103
US
4206661870 fax: 6664200187

I like Comcast's take that they're gonna pursue criminal charges. They need to pursue employee dismissal charges.

We don't *know* how it happened. For all we know they might have sent a hot temptress with a flash drive to use her wyles or just tried brute force for weeks at a time with a bot net.

We don't *know* how it happened. For all we know they might have sent a hot temptress with a flash drive to use her wyles or just tried brute force for weeks at a time with a bot net.

Understandable. Couldda happend to anyone. Maybe an admin clicked on the attachment in an email promising a Britney picture. :D

:goofy: Oh, wow. Yeah. Can you imagine the help desk calls? I'll bet the subs can't even get through.

Heh. I just had the mental picture.

1) The first 25,000 callers to the help desk were told to just reboot.
2) The word gets to the help desk out what the real problem is...so
3) they put up an automated recording on the help desk line telling callers Comcast are aware of the problem and the cure is to reboot.
They get the DNS fixed. So...
4) Users reboot or follow the procedure to clear the DNS cache and suddenly all is well so... That proves the problem was on the customer's end. :goofy:

Last edited:
You forgot, "Clear your cache" and "Delete your cookies". :D

It wasn't. It was C0mc4$t! Much more secure! :yes::rofl: Sure hope it's fixed soon, since I'm without email without it!
Dump Comcast for email. Go with "Pilots Of America" and have a really cool email address. Guaranteed a real conversation piece.

"Hey, is THAT your email address?"
"Yup."
"Are you REALLY a pilot?"
"Yup."
"Bet that's really cool huh?
"Yup."

See. Real conversation piece. And you can get it almost anywhere too.

If the hackers were smart they probably bumped the TTL *REALLY REALLY HIGH* so that all the ISP's DNS servers out there would cache their hacked entries. It'll take a long damn time for this to completely clear out.

Back