Colt POH

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Anyone have a Piper Colt POH they can part ways with?

I'm feeling pretty strongly that my next plane will be one, and pending the possible move to St. Paul, I'd be in the market soon, and want to do some research.

no help with POH nick, but I did see a Colt advertised in Aero Trader this month. could be worth checking out.

For the plane Nick you need to call on this one!!! 13K and you have a nice little plane and remember those little engines if cared for run well past TBO!
http://adcache.aerotraderonline.com/2/6/2/85092562.htm

For the POH you need to go to the following
www.surecheck.net
They have aircraft manuals for various planes (and great checklist too if I do say so myself)!

Be sure to check out the shortwing piper club. shortwing.org I think. lots of good info and links to several nice tri-pacers & colts. They also have an online store that might get you what you're looking for.

Nick,
Think good and hard before you buy one, your a big fellow and it may be a little tight for you. It will also limit the amount of stuff and size of person you take with you. Just my 2 cents worth.

SkyHog said:

I'm feeling pretty strongly that my next plane will be one, and pending the possible move to St. Paul, I'd be in the market soon, and want to do some research.

I don't have a POH, but...

I do have a video called "Short Wings Forever!" that covers the Vagabonds, Clippers, Pacers, Tripacers, and Colts. If you would like to see it, I'll send it to you... just return it when you're done. It's VHS, not DVD... do you have a VCR still? ;-)

You can PM me your snail mail address if you'd like to watch it.

SkyHog said:

Unless they've been modified by STC for either a right-wing or under-the-backseat tank, Colts only have a single tank in the left wing... limits range and then there's the balance thing too. Something to consider.

Here's a gorgeous Pacer for $33K:

http://www.aso.com/i.aso3/aircraft_view.jsp?aircraft_id=99272

AdamZ said:
Nick, why a colt? Just curious.
They are cheap, they are cool, and they haul a lot (myself and passenger no problem).

Most of my flying is done solo or with 1 passenger, and there's no reason to have a 4 place plane for that mission profile.

And they're cool.

SkyHog said:

Try http://www.esscoaircraft.com/ they probably have about every POH/AFM known to man.

Oh, and last I checked they also had the best deals going on CH Products USB yokes/pedals/throttle quadrants. Wish I had more time to play with mine. :(
Wait, no I don't. When I have time I fly real airplanes. :yes: :D

Back