Color Blindness

Yep, I can't pass (uncorrected) on the Titmus, but I have no problem on doctors who actually use an eye chart.

Color testing is where I am at right now as well and I am not having to much luck. Thought I had found a local optometrist who did the Dvorine and AOC HRR testing (they confirmed it on the phone 3 different times) but when it came down to it they had the Ishihara and Farnsworth D15, which is not accepted by the FAA.

I have never had issues seeing colors, just the Ishihara flip book as many have stated above. I found an AME office in Phoenix that will run a variety of tests for $150 as a "color consult" but my concern is the fact they are still an AME and could risk my chance of taking other tests.

There is something about the combination of my glasses and his machine that didn't work.It annoys me,because I can't be the first guy to experience that issue.

Just had a guy i here in an SR22 who had the night restriction. Failed Ishihara 14. Passed the ishihara 24. Didn't need the Dvorines or the AOs. EACH deuteranope is a little different.

I never have a problem with the color test, but I have to say, my AME's plates are so old and faded, I'm sure it might hurt some who are on the border. . . .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back