Color blindness and night flying - what's the connection?

The real trouble is that colorblindness is a spectrum. My observation is that the ones at the certifiable limit of the spectrum do okay on Ishihara in BRIGHT DAYLIGHT. All the other tests are harder. Remember, on the Ishihara concise plates you get to miss 4 figures on the first 8 plates (there are 16).

The real trouble is that colorblindness is a spectrum. My observation is that the ones at the certifiable limit of the spectrum do okay on Ishihara in BRIGHT DAYLIGHT. All the other tests are harder. Remember, on the Ishihara concise plates you get to miss 4 figures on the first 8 plates (there are 16).

I thought that was the old school ishihara test... The new "concise edition" is the 14 plate, and "6 or more errors on plates 1 - 11" is what DQ's you? http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...m/ame/guide/app_process/exam_tech/item52/amd/

I definitely meet that standard.. there are only 3 or so "difficult" plates for me if I remember correctly, but even those I can trace out... The weird thing is - certain plates show a number to CVD people, and another to Normal's... I can see BOTH overlapping each other! How's that for borderline? lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back