cogscreen

yz715

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
yz715
Hey all! I took cogscreen and all the psycho battery test. How long did it take to get response from FAA after data was sent? My background 2 dui's 3 months apart in 2006. Surrendered my medical in 2007. Took me a little longer but finally hit bottom in 2011 been sober almost three years. Since I met the 2 year sober and 30 day rehab my hims AME decided to apply for unrestricted. Month later received letter to do cog and battery test. Next question is if they decide SI will they deny first or issue?
Thanks for reading!

When I had a SI I always got a rejection letter but the next paragragh would state that I am able to hold a special issuance medical.

My problem was kidney stones. When those were gone I was back to a unrestricted medical. Not sure about your situation though.

Best answers about the OP's situation should come from an AME who knows the top level folks at OKC and is willing to be your advocate.

That individual will be Dr. Bruce Chien based in Peoria, IL. Reach out to him through www.aeromedicaldoc.com

Best answers about the OP's situation should come from an AME who knows the top level folks at OKC and is willing to be your advocate.

That individual will be Dr. Bruce Chien based in Peoria, IL. Reach out to him through www.aeromedicaldoc.com

If he's already working with a HIMS AME (as indicated), that should probably be his first resource. Bruce for a second, but given how few HIMS folks there are, that person should be very wired into the process.

Thank you for the replies. I spoken with Dr.Chein early in the process which started in April but after I had submitted application. He still was very helpful but recommended not changing AME during the process. Funny though posted this last night came home from work tonight and have one of those pink little cards in the mail box from OKC. Has only been two weeks so guessing they need more info or denied no sleep tonight ha ha.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back