Cognative Test

U

Unregistered

Im going to have to take a cognative test here soon for ADHD and concussion. has anyone been through this before and knows what i should expect? I talked to one guy and he said lumosity is a good trainer for the test. Any input?

I think this link will give you what you need to know about what's required for ADHD testing. The core battery seems to be quite a few tests but YouTube has videos of some of them to give you an idea of what they are.
https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...ase_prot/adhd/
I don't know if any of it will be the same for a concussion.
Some have said that training for the tests is a no-no since it would skew the results. Looking at a few of the tests, I would say that they're very basic and wouldn't require training ahead of time. It seems that if a person needed training to pass them, then no amount of training would help them pass.

from my understanding its not pass/fail its all based on %ile, score above 15% and your good, otherwise you not

I recently went through this screening. I am also about 2300.00 lighter for it. :yes:
All said and done now, with medical clearance in hand.
You will complete some numerical tracing tests, tova testing, the PASAT test (totally frustrating, but doable). You will go through some motor skill observation. The doc will also note your physical appearance when you show up. They will note your personality, your responses and how appropriate they are to questions being asked. The will test your short term memory through another battery of testing, as well as your longer term memory. They will get an idea of your intelligence through random questioning about meanings of words, authors of books etc. You will participate in word association testing. in short a full on butt-load of tests, that WILL take the better part of a day. and at the end of it all you get to take a pee pee test.
Get plenty of sleep. I work nights and got about 4-5 hours maybe. get all the rest possible, I don't recommend too much coffee, but a cup will likely help if you like coffee.
Best of luck to you

have u ever played lumosity? are the tests at all like those games, I don't know what the abbreviations mean.

If you want representative test, see the JetCareers thread. They point you to similar tests.
If your asking if luminosity will help you hone your cognitive skills, who knows? But it's not COGSCREEN if you're just looking for something similar to the real test.

The tests are nothing like a luminosity game at all. You will be fully aware you are being evaluated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back