Cockpit photos

Most excellent.

The "Helicopter over Suburb" is actually over I-35E in what is known as the "Industrial District" of Dallas, not a suburb at all but rather, very close to downtown.

Love Field airport is behind the switch panel overhead.

I was particularly interested in the KC-135 shot. My NH friend, former broadcasting school classmate, has occasional dates with the simulator for KC-135. He is a former CFI. Bob said that the first time an authority got him into the sim Bob was landing and elected for a touch and go.
"Hey, you can't do a touch and go with this aircraft!"
Bob said he was concentrating.
Well, I'll be damned; how did you do that?"

Bob told me during my recent visit to let him know when I go to Concord to retrieve my Skyhawk, and to allow some extra time. "I might be able to get you into the sim."
That might be tomorrow, July 22.

He lives on the side of Mount Kearsarge. Many years ago(????) there was a Lear jet that went missing and unaccounted for. It stayed missing for -- as I recall -- quite a few years; but it was eventually found in the wilderness of Mount Kearsarge, not too great a distance from Bob's house.

HR

Cool pics.

As for the comment from Harley about his friend doing a touch and go in a KC135. I flew on RC-135's (same basic airframe) and we did several touch and goes.

Back