Sad to admit I'm a bit ignorant about CO poisoning as it relates to flight safety. Specifically, around 2 topics. I we wondering if anyone has any insights. The idea that CO poisoning isn't as immediately reversible as other forms of hypoxia is rather unsettling. You're flying along and the CO monitor alerts for high levels. 1) Is there a general estimate for time of useful consciousness? 2) What's the recovery time to act as PIC? Seems like the PIC is grounded for at least a day if symptoms of CO poisoning occurred.