CNN Piece Yesterday

bstratt

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Canuck
About 6:45am CDT, CNN had a piece supposedly on the reason for recent flight delays. While mainly about the requirement for better pilot training (not quite sure what that had to do with delays), they segued into FAA Blakely saying they needed better funding to modernize equipment and then an airline exec talking about how the system is overloaded with small corporate jets.

I really think that that is the way most non-pilots think.

We need to do some constructive PR. I think the next lifeline flight I do I'll invite along a reporter from our local paper, providing I have room.

We need to do some constructive PR. I think the next lifeline flight I do I'll invite along a reporter from our local paper, providing I have room.

I really think that this is the way the airlines and FAA want non-pilots to think. After all, the game is all about placing blame elsewhere.

While mainly about the requirement for better pilot training (not quite sure what that had to do with delays), they segued into FAA Blakely saying they needed better funding to modernize equipment and then an airline exec talking about how the system is overloaded with small corporate jets.

I don't think most non-pilots give any thought one way or another to corporate jets, that is if they even know what a corporate jet is.

I'm curious how many people here have personally been accused of flying little airplanes that clog up the airspace. I haven't.

Back