CloudAhoy stops logging in flight

azure

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
azure
Has anyone else had a problem with Cloud Ahoy stopping logging during a flight, all by itself for no apparent reason? I've had it quit logging automatically once before, but that was after I had landed and stopped, and I assumed it was a feature -- that time I think it said "auto stop" when I opened it. But yesterday flying down to BMI it apparently quit in mid flight, somewhere over northern IN. When I opened it to stop logging after landing it had already stopped, but I assumed it was another auto stop like the previous time. But the flight track just stops in the middle of nowhere.

Hopefully it won't happen again, but it would be nice to know what MIGHT cause this to happen.

Has anyone else had a problem with Cloud Ahoy stopping logging during a flight, all by itself for no apparent reason? I've had it quit logging automatically once before, but that was after I had landed and stopped, and I assumed it was a feature -- that time I think it said "auto stop" when I opened it. But yesterday flying down to BMI it apparently quit in mid flight, somewhere over northern IN. When I opened it to stop logging after landing it had already stopped, but I assumed it was another auto stop like the previous time. But the flight track just stops in the middle of nowhere.

Hopefully it won't happen again, but it would be nice to know what MIGHT cause this to happen.

I've had this happen when running FF and CloudAhoy at the same time on my old iPad1. In my case both of them were crashing due to, what I assumed be, memory issues of some kind.

Even closing all apps and shutting the iPad down and then starting up again before taking off did not always help.

I used CloudAhoy during my IR training but since have been using MyFlightBook which also logs flight track as well as handling log book info.

Back