Cloud flying video

ErikU

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ErikU
Sorry for the cross post, but I thought non IFR people would enjoy this too.

Here is short video from an IFR flight I made. I recently purchased a video camera and made an interface for the audio, and brought along a friend to try it out for me. We ended up with some great altitudes for cloud footage. I edited it for entertainment value, obviously some of the radio transmissions are cut short or edited... and I even now realized I made a mistake with a readback, but still fun to watch.

Here is the link... enjoy.

ftp://www.sessionlink.com/erik/ifr.wmv

Or a hi-res broadband version:
ftp://www.sessionlink.com/erik/ifr_med.wmv

Very nice video...was it just me, or was the GPS expired? I might have to watch it again to confirm that.

That video got me FIRED UP! Thanks for sharing. I love it when folks submit video oftheir GA flights.

Great video - Music was a bit loud, harder to hear the comm-chatter - but just awesome.

No video of the approach and landing ?

I shot the video a year or so ago, so I'm pretty sure the database was up to date. Sorry, the battery in the camcorder died before the approach!

I just got the DVD from a friend of mine that flew with me last month. He filmed, and we had a great time that day. He has some learning to do. Parts are good, others are bouncing all over the place (mainly due to excessive zoom) but fun to watch none the less.

Your video looks like Hollywood quality, its stable!

Hey Erik,
I noticed that you are based at Boeing field, that is where all the flight lessons on my microsoft simulator game are located. I'm sure you probably knew that , but i found it pretty interesting. I am a few hours from getting my private but i mess around with instrument on the simulator, i think i might be able to manage the ILS into Boeing field(i have done it so many times) haha.

I'll have to shoot some video of the ILS 13R at Boeing field so you can compare what it looks like for real. I too used the sim to practice there. When I was early on in my instrument training we were about 40 miles out in light IMC and my instructor said "your flight instructor has just died, get us home". I thjought that was pretty cool, my first IFR flight without him constantly telling me what to do,.. fun!

Yeah that would be great if i could compare. Its not completely realistic on the sim but it gives you the idea. At least i wont be completely lost when i start my IR training

"Windows media player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported."

I have a new version of WMP, just dl'd it from MS.

ideas?

Back