Cloud Ahoy

izzydogg

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
izzydogg
I loaded this app on my iPad before my last flight. What an awesome app. Anybody else use it?
Iz

Very neat app -- and best of all, it's FREE. :goofy:

Now if I can just remember to START the &!#* thing when I get in the airplane... :mad2:

I'm a big fan of cloudahoy (when I too can remember to start it)

Randy, that's what I used it for yesterday. I think it will be a great post flight briefing tool.

It's an awesome app, like everyone else I need to remember to start it too. The 3D view on google earth is awesome for checking out your approaches.

One of the best tools available for training.... You can debrief your approaches and all the flight segments... Sometimes I forget to activate it...:mad2:

I put it on my checklist and still can forget to activate it.

Great app, I use it all the time as well.

You may want to consider turning "Auto Logging Stop" to OFF in the settings menu. I used it for a multi-leg flight recently. At my first stop i sat on the ramp for a few minutes while I played with my gps. I don't know what the time threshold is, but my brief stop was long enough that CloudAhoy thought I'd parked and stopped logging the remainder of my flight.

I agree with keeping auto stop in mind. When I did my solo last month it turned off when I stopped to let my instructor off. Thought it would of been cool to see my solo tracks.

But but but but but but but....what about us Android folks? Can we see some love from the CloudAhoy folks? I know there are other things out there like OpenGPS map (or something like that...I don't remember what it's called. It's by Renee de Grout or something similar). But I'd love to see a CloudAhoy on Android :).

Back