ClosetMaid vs Rubbermaid Wire Closet Systems

JGoodish

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
JGoodish
Has anyone used either one of these? I'm not talking about the melamine stuff, or the stationary wire stuff, but the ClosetMaid ShelfTrack and Rubbermaid HomeFree adjustable systems. They seem comparable, though the ClosetMaid may be slightly nicer quality. Need to do a bedroom closet, but want something pretty solid and adjustable. Elfa may be better quality, but I don't have a dealer (Container Store) anywhere close to me.

Thanks,
JKG

I've used both. I don't think the parts are interchangeable between brands so be careful about getting them mixed up.

I didn't get too crazy with a huge system, so I can't speak to all the different components. I ran rails along several walls then dropped hangars for holding adjustable shelves for books and other things in my kid's room. Even added a large shelf that worked as a desk. They are both pretty good.

I've done both. Forget which is which, but I liked the ones from Home Depot better than the ones from Lowes. Get the Super Slide closet rod, it's worth the extra to be able to slide clothes back and forth (like when you come up from laundry with both hands full of hangars).

Also recommend putting small shelves every foot or so all the way down. Lots of uses, and you can always move them around.

I started with the "ELFA" stuff from The Container Store which is definintely of a higher quality (and price). I did my garage with ClosetMaid stuff from the Home Depot, works adequately.

Thanks guys. Elfa might be an easy choice if there was a Container Store within a reasonable drive, but that isn't the case for me. It sounds as though ClosetMaid (from Home Depot) may be the next best choice.

JKG

Back