"Closed on Sundays"

You said it costs $250/hr to keep the doors open in a FBO. I pointed out that in order to decide whether extending hours is worthwhile, you have to look at the incremental cost, not the total.

If we are opening the whole FBO to work on his aircraft as the post intended it will be total costs

Rather than amortizing insurance payments, lease etc. over those extra 16hrs, all that counts is how much do I have to pay for staff and utilities (and unless you have a lineman that pulls $150/hr, that cost is not going to be anywhere close to the number you were given).

It will be under the total open for business as requested by the OP.

If we are opening the whole FBO to work on his aircraft as the post intended it will be total costs

I didn't see anyone try to claim that they should actually perform maintenance work on Sunday.

I didn't see anyone try to claim that they should actually perform maintenance work on Sunday.

Read post #1

Any Certified aircraft placed in EXP category for testing can only be returned to service by a A&P or other authorized person.

Any time limit on that? Perhaps a ten-year test of a Dynon. Heh heh.

It will be under the total open for business as requested by the OP.

Even so, it will only add proportional variable / incremental cost, not fixed cost to extend business hours.

Read post #1

I read it several times, looking for any sign that the person wanted maintenance work to be performed on their airplane on Sunday. It is not there. "Being open" and "having work performed on your plane" are two different things.

Last edited:
Back