Climb Fuel Burn Table for DA-40

Marc CYBW

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Marc CYBW
Does anyone have a climb fuel burn table for a DA40-180 with a Lycoming IO-360- MIA and a Hartzell - HC-C2YR-1BF prop?

Thanks
Marc

I posted this on the Diamond DA40 discussion group as well and it seems that no such table is readily available.

I plan to build a climb burn table. Here's what I plan to do. Build a grid that includes pressure, temperature (to calc DA) altitude, and GPH. Lean as per "standard" procedure (see below), climb at full power at 80 KIAS and record results every 1,000'.

We have always followed the same leaning procedure in the various planes and with different instructors at CYBW. Our field is at 4,000' so we always lean to taxi. Then run up at 1,800 RPM and lean to max RPM, then enrich to max-RPM-less-50 RPM or 1,800 whichever is greater. Then we take off and only lean again at cruise altitude.

Exception is for full performance short-field takeoff in which, in the DA-40, we run up at 2,300 and lean then to max RPM at leave it at that mixture setting. Then take off at full power

It may be a week or two before I get the opportunity to create the table but I'll post it here when its done.

Isn't there one in the POH? Or is that engine/prop combination an STC'd mod not available from the factory?

Back