Clearence to a class D airport within class C

Wbauman

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Wbauman
Going to Hunter aaf in Savanna. When I contact savanna app will they hand me off to Hunter? I am a fairly new pilot but have been to class C several times but not a satellite controlled airport.

Going to Hunter aaf in Savanna. When I contact savanna app will they hand me off to Hunter? I am a fairly new pilot but have been to class C several times but not a satellite controlled airport.

Savannah approach passes data on VFR arrivals to Hunter tower via the radar data block.

Ok thanks for the quick response. So I should expect Savannah to vector me to Hunter then then hand me off to Hunter tower?

Ok thanks for the quick response. So I should expect Savannah to vector me to Hunter then then hand me off to Hunter tower?

You should expect vectors as needed to provide Class C services, or if you request them.

You should expect vectors as needed to provide Class C services, or if you request them.

And therefore, if he wants vectors to help him find the airport, he should request them.

Sure hope i dont have trouble locating it with all my modern tech. (ipad) stranger things have happened though. Lol
My intended route takes me directly over Savannah. Just wondered if they would vector me all around to avoid their airport. I knew if i needed them i could ask to get to Hunter.

It depends on how busy they are at the time. They may also put a restriction on your altitude or restrict you to stay south of the field or something like that.

Be on Flight Following from the beginning, call Clearance Delivery or ground and ask them for ground. Hayward CD tried to tell me no, depart 1200. "Are you seriously gonna tell me you aren't going to get me a code for Norcal to pick up with an intent?" "Stand by.""Squawk 4xxx""Thanks, appreciate it." Set up what you want before you fly it with ATC on the ground before you depart. Typically my experience is that ATC is very amicable to treating me like an IFR aircraft communications/ident wise while only being responsible for me as a VFR aircraft.

More often than not if they route me, they do it favorably, sometimes they try for unreasonable though and I need to take over airspace navigation.

Last edited:
Back