Classic Plane/Car show (KRKD)

Teller1900

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
I am a dad!
The Owl's Head Transportation Museum itself is awesome, and well worth visiting, but at the end of the month it gets better.

http://www.ohtm.org/*SprAutoShw08.html

The antique aeroplane show will begin at 9:30 a.m., weather permitting. Aircraft conservator Karl Erickson and a team of volunteers have been working tirelessly on getting the Museum’s fleet of of World War I-era biplanes ready to take to the skies. Back on the flight line will be the 1917 Curtiss JN-4 or “Jenny” made popular by barnstormers of the 1920s. Also seeing action will be the 1917 Nieuport 28C.1, 1916 Sopwith Pup and of course, the 1917 Fokker DR.I triplane (aka the Red Baron) among others. An open flightline will allow visitors to get an up close look at the planes as well as talk to the pilots.

The Museum will auction off rides aboard its 1941 Stearman and 1933 Waco biplanes. Rides are good for one year and are transferable. The Stearman carries one passenger, the Waco carries two.
Classic cars, classic planes, and the Maine coast...not a bad way to spent a weekend! I'll be there, along with the fiance and a friend of mine from LEB; I'm pretty sure Harley (and possibly Her Majesty) will be there too. If anyone can make it, let me know!

The Owl's Head Transportation Museum itself is awesome, and well worth visiting, but at the end of the month it gets better.

http://www.ohtm.org/*SprAutoShw08.html

Classic cars, classic planes, and the Maine coast...not a bad way to spent a weekend! I'll be there, along with the fiance and a friend of mine from LEB; I'm pretty sure Harley (and possibly Her Majesty) will be there too. If anyone can make it, let me know!

I'm on the floor, laughing. When I read the above and went upstairs to quote same to Her Majesty -- who is holding a glued repair job(for my lack of a C-clamp) -- she replied, "Will I have to wear my crown?" We'll be there. As I suggested via PM you and I should carry our hand-held radios to make contact. Her Majesty also noted that though I may be there for extended periods, she'll probably migrate to downtown Rockland to do what ladies do -- shopping.

HR

Thanx for the reminder; I've wanted to check this one out for a while now. :yes:

I don't have access to a plane right now but I might consider driving there and back if I can find a partner or partners... it's about 7hrs from here by car.

Thanx for the reminder; I've wanted to check this one out for a while now. :yes:

I don't have access to a plane right now but I might consider driving there and back if I can find a partner or partners... it's about 7hrs from here by car.

I hope you can make the trip; and if you do, bring your hand-held radio.
"Skyhawk 72Golf/ Harley Reich to RottyDaddy" would be a lot easier than thinking "I wouldn't know RottyDaddy if he were to walk in front of me."

HR

I hope you can make the trip; and if you do, bring your hand-held radio.
"Skyhawk 72Golf/ Harley Reich to RottyDaddy" would be a lot easier than thinking "I wouldn't know RottyDaddy if he were to walk in front of me."

HR

Easier still would be to exchange cellphone numbers, and you could pick me up in the plane somewhere halfway, like Norwood maybe... :D

Matt,

What time does the show go until?
With 1 plane down getting some paint work done, and one plane scheduled for a wash and wax that morning, availabilty looks like I could get a plane starting at 2pm, probably be there around 3pm, assuming the wife doesn't have anything else planned that day.

Adam

That's a good question, Adam, and I have no idea. Harley? Worst case scenario, the museum's number is 207-594-4418, they could probably tell you when things tend to wrap up.

Adam, Rotty, anyone else...can we expect to see you there?

No for us Matt. I'm hoping to make it up in the summer for the seafood
festival maybe we can meet up then.

Back