Class Action suit against SWA for the egregious "couldda caused" injury

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
The suit also seeks punitive damages on one count that claims Southwest behaved negligently in not grounding planes that had not been deemed airworthy in compliance with government standards, Garrison said.
"Fortuitously, of course, nothing happened, everyone arrived safely at their destinations," Garrison said. "But that doesn't change the fact that Southwest did not comply with its obligations."

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2008-04-16-passengers-sue-swa_N.htm

Why didn't I think of that? I can't count how many times I couldda sued drivers and pilots for almost hurting or killing me.

As with all Class Actions, the law firm will collect $3.5M and the members of the class will get a coupon redeemable for a free Southwest Airlines logo drink Kozy.

Last edited:
As with all Class Actions, the law firm will collect $3.5M and the members of the class will get a coupon redeemable for a free Southwest Airlines logo drink Kozy.
Oh that'll look good next to my UAL luggage tag I got for flying 100,000 miles and my AA mixed nut dishes for flying 1,000,000 miles.

DANGER - comment could land this in Spin Zone. So be it.

I wish the candidates for prez would harp on the extortionate nature of such cases as much as they do on the oil companies.

I thought you couldn't sue for potential injury or loss- just for actual damages. Have we changed that much?

Back