Class Act

markb5900

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mark B
One of my employee's had a tragedy in his family with his 6 year old daughter being attacked by two dogs.
The little girl is still in critical condition as I type this.
We started the process today to set up a fund to help his family at their local bank which is about an hours drive from our facility. The little girl was flown to a trauma center that is approximately another 2 hours from there.
Due to the driving time involved and needing to get some signatures from the family so they can start to use the money in the fund, I said I would just rent a plane and fly the paper down and back etc.. wouldn't take more than a couple of hours.
Now to the CLASS ACT in my opinion. I called the local FBO to reserve a plane, in conversation the owner asked the usual "where you heading" kind of question. I explained the situation to him and WITHOUT A SECOND of hesitation, he states "the plane is on us, take it for as long as you need it".
Unless you are a pilot, I am not sure that most people understand how much that really means and I wanted to make it known to as many pilots as I can what a true CLASS ACT Jeff City Flying Service is!

Mark B.

That is amazing, Mark. I wish more FBOs were heartful like that.

Bode certainly would not have done the same, that's for sure :(

I hope that your employee's daughter gets better, quickly.

One of my employee's had a tragedy in his family with his 6 year old daughter being attacked by two dogs.
The little girl is still in critical condition as I type this.
We started the process today to set up a fund to help his family at their local bank which is about an hours drive from our facility. The little girl was flown to a trauma center that is approximately another 2 hours from there.
Due to the driving time involved and needing to get some signatures from the family so they can start to use the money in the fund, I said I would just rent a plane and fly the paper down and back etc.. wouldn't take more than a couple of hours.
Now to the CLASS ACT in my opinion. I called the local FBO to reserve a plane, in conversation the owner asked the usual "where you heading" kind of question. I explained the situation to him and WITHOUT A SECOND of hesitation, he states "the plane is on us, take it for as long as you need it".
Unless you are a pilot, I am not sure that most people understand how much that really means and I wanted to make it known to as many pilots as I can what a true CLASS ACT Jeff City Flying Service is!

Mark B.

Fantastic! How about an email address for Jeff City Flying Service? I'll drop them a note.

Thats really nice of them Mark. I hope this will help the family. Count me in if you need anything.

Thank you for letting us know.

Please give my sympathies to the family and let me know how to contribute. It is always so sad when a child gets hurt.

Thank you for letting us know.

Please give my sympathies to the family and let me know how to contribute. It is always so sad when a child gets hurt.

Once all the "paperwork" is done tomorrow, I will post it.

I know I can speak for the family, and from me personally THANKS to EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

I will write an e-mail shortly

That's awesome. About that fund....count me in for $25. email me your address and I'll have it in tomorrows mail. And thanks for the heads-up!

Mark,
Post the bank info and the name the fund is in so we can make a donation.

I love hearing that. I hope others in the area can repay the favor by renting from them or those who might drive up there for business will rent from them.

Thanks for sharing something about an FBO with awesome goodwill. That's a rare trait today.

Edit: I sent one as well. They deserve the recognition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats great to hear Mark it is a true class act. I'm proud to say my FBO Montgomery County Aviation has given me rentals at cost for Angel Flights and Such they also contribute to lots of local causes. Great Corp citizens are a real asset to any community. I will definlty drop your FBO an email. good on them.

That's great to see.
Not too uncommon in aviation.
Best of luck to all involved, too.

Thanks to everyone. Touched down about an hour ago.

Since a couple of people had asked, I just received the information on how to contribute to the fund.

Community Bank of Dixon
C/O J.R. Fund
P.O. Box 370
Dixon, MO 65459

Again thanks to everyone, I know the FBO appreciated all the emails.
Myself and the family thank you also.

Mark B

E-mail sent

Here's link to the news story.

http://www.ky3.com/news/5829386.html
You might try contacting that same reporter and asking if they might be willing to do a human interest story on the FBO who gave to help. That's a nice payback for what Grant did and it's a good story for GA, something we greatly need. Heck, I'd even tell the reporter GA is under attack and so little is known about the good it does.

After Katrina and Rita, the two most helpful and enterprising groups to assist people were ham radio and general aviation. I saw a ton of attacks on FEMA but no praises in the media for the non-government sources... well, except for Johnny Depp and a few others. John Travolta flew in with his 707, off-loaded supplies and left. He wasn't there long enough for cameras to catch on; but, another one of those GA stories that should have been more widely told.

As of today, she was taken off the respirator last week. She had another surgery yesterday and has another one scheduled for tomorrow.
Her father has told me she is just about out of the "life and death" struggle but will have many months or years of help that is needed for her.
I want to thank everyone again for all the support and the family wants me to thank you also.
We have set up a website for her now and will update it as we receive new information.
http://www.jamisfund.com

Thanks again to everyone, the flying community has really made a difference here and everyone should be proud.

Mark B

Back