Class 3 to Class 2 question

Blindrage

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Blindrage
I took me six months, but I got my class 3 with restrictions.

The restrictions are extra paperwork once a year, and more paperwork once every 2 years.

I am on CPAP, and I take meds for RA. There are no actual flight restrictions, just the extra documentation needed.

Does anyone have any insight into how hard it might be to move to a Class 2 medical if I ever felt the need to do anything at all commercial related (jumpers, towing, taxi rides to the big city, etc)?

Just looking for any personal experiences in going up the chain while already having issues during the class 3 medical.

No input, but I'm in a similar situation. I'm debating on going after my CFI/commercial, but if I can't get a class 2 there's no point. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

No input, but I'm in a similar situation. I'm debating on going after my CFI/commercial, but if I can't get a class 2 there's no point. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.
****s and grins? Challenge? Reduced insurance premiums?

All seem like valid reasons to pursue something you may not be able to fully take advantage of.

****s and grins? Challenge? Reduced insurance premiums?

All seem like valid reasons to pursue something you may not be able to fully take advantage of.

There's that..but the money it's going to cost I'll never make up in insurance premium savings. If I can't go that route I think I'd get a lot more challenge/fun going for tailwheel/seaplane/glider endorsements then being able to fly to commercial PTS.

CFI is really where I'd like to end up as I enjoy helping people learn and I love flying. Seems like a perfect match, but we'll see. I'm still working on my medexpress submission..

You don't need a second class medical as a CFI, a third class will do.

Ah you are correct, thanks! You only need one if you are exercising privileges of the commercial pilot..I sometimes get that intermingled with the fact that as a CFI you are getting paid to fly..

Looking to do the same here. Signing up for commercial but was interested to see what's needed for the class 2 med. I'm not interested in the CFI even though there are openings local.

Ah you are correct, thanks! You only need one if you are exercising privileges of the commercial pilot..I sometimes get that intermingled with the fact that as a CFI you are getting paid to fly..

Technically, you get paid to teach someone to fly. Big difference from the FAA's perspective.

My plan was to look into CFI as well as the other possibilities, so maybe I do not need to worry about it based on the replies above.

I am already a certified Motorcycle instructor, and I just love that moment when a student realizes they can do something that scared them. Of course I do not have to be on the back of the bike with them so it is a little less stressful. I am pretty sure that I am responsible for adding at least a few points to my current CFI's blood pressure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back