Civil Aircraft Landing Permit - military airfields

I got lucky on this one. Fort Eustis is just long enough that it would require a stay if I drove or flew commercial, so I was able to get the full reimbursement approved.

The differences between uniformed and federal employee procedures continue to amaze me. As a full time federal employee I am gone 1-2 weeks a month on official travel with my record being 6 different trips in a month. I make all my own arrangements (within the confines of the JTR), and I've been audited before without any discrepancies.. My DTS record is pages long with travel.

On the uniformed side, I ask to arrange my own flight and what not and they act like I'm trying to embezzle money. So they do it, screw it up, I miss the first day of class, they have me booked to leave in the middle of the final exam on the last day, I have to change everything around and it ends up costing them more.

Thankfully my flights next week are civilian travel so I can do my own stuff, my boss who understands how things work can approve it locally, and I'm done with it.

I have a hunch that Eustis is in that sweet spot of distance where I can get the full reimbursement. Any further or any shorter and it would work out to me being reimbursed less

Yeah, that was back when it was really fun. You won't see that any more. Once we got bigger, we inherited all the problems that come with it.

As i understand it, instead of falling under army soc, there is yet another subordinate command? Yay..... big army!!

Sent from my phone thingy using the Tapatalk2 doohickey

Of course, the military aero clubs have been dying with great frequency.

I got PPR to fly in to Pax River as a close friend was getting his first star and it was the change of command ceremony as he was leaving there to go back to the Pentagon. Alas, work obligations meant I had to miss that.

Service members and others with on base privileges. Contractors, Retirees, Reserve, National Guard, etc. Pretty much anyone authorized to use the on base recreational activities.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Service members and others with on base privileges. Contractors, Retirees, Reserve, National Guard, etc. Pretty much anyone authorized to use the on base recreational activities.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

It's probably one of the last clubs left.

I hear fort meade has a decently operating one.

I just got my permit for all CONUS army airfields in the mail today. USAF is still processing.

The Ft. Meade Club belongs to the NSA CWF.

We had one at APG but it is gone.

Back