Civil Air Patrol in the news

We are actually sending our aircraft from Ohio there. I have been getting emails lately looking for volunteers to go to the east coast for a week. I would like to but just can't get away for a week.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Official news today was three Regions are providing assets and crews. They are shooting so many photos a "crowd sourcing" type of clearing house system has been set up to tag and mark items of interest in each photo.

No one agency has enough people to put eyes on all the photos so there's volunteers nationwide analyzing them.

Pretty impressive effort going on. If you get a chance to go, fly safe.

All the article mentions is photo shoots. Who gets these photos, and what do they use them for? And is the CAP doing anything else?

All the article mentions is photo shoots. Who gets these photos, and what do they use them for? And is the CAP doing anything else?
The E-Mail I got just said that it would mainly be Photo missions. The photos will go from us to the Incident Commander and he/she would disperse to those of interest. There is possibility of transport type missions in these events. When you show up to mission base they could task you with anything.

Back