Cirrus SR-22 what changes have been made between 2006-13?

JasonM

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
JM
Looking at the SR22T and wondering what differences there are in a 2006 vs 2008 vs 2010 vs 2012 etc..

I noticed that pre-2009'ish they had avidyne screens and garmin 430's.

The newer models have the complete garmin setup.

in 2012 they added a 5th seat belt.

What other differences are there?

Just wondering other than year and hours of use etc, what added features would justify buying a 2012/13 over a 2006/08 or in between.

Option of FIKI
Redesigned gear (lower wider stance on newer)

That's about all that really matter as the biggie (CAPS repack without paint work) is there on the 06

Thanks. anyone know what features are lacking with the avidyne setup compared to the all garmin setup?

Changed the caps for easier repack . No more fiberglass repair on the repack. Also went with avidyne avionics.

You should really join COPA, the detailed answers are all there. One big one since you are looking at the SR22T is that the new turbos have a completely different engine than the turbo sr22's before 2010. The new SR22T is a factory Conti. Turbo motor. The older ones were a 550 NA conversion to turbo normalized done by TAT in OK.

I'd agree with joining COPA if you're interested in a Cirrus. Here you'll mostly have people like me who will point out the new ones catch fire just as easily as the old ones. :D

07 G-3 added 1" ground clearance
08/09 G-3 added perspective, FIKI
13 added 200 # Gross Weight increase

These are the important ones in my opinion.

IIRC at some point in the evolution, there was a change in the wing as well...

IIRC at some point in the evolution, there was a change in the wing as well...

The improved wing, along with the taller landing gear, would be the 3rd generation (G3) design.

The wing spar and flaps got beefed up for 2013 (the G5 model) as part of an increase in the useful load.

Not sure if anybody mentioned it, but one of the changes made between 2006-13 was forgetting how to count. There never was a G4.

The Entegra system has a single ADHRS while most Perspective systems have two. Entegra lacks synthetic vision. Perspective screens are larger. The Avidyne R9 (fairly rare) is much different from the Entegra with dual ADHRS and excellent human factors. COPA will have a lot more detail.

So did the G5 come out in 2013 or is coming out in 2014? I thought that 200lb useful load wasnt available until the 2014 model.

The G5 has been available for several months now, and there is a backlog well into 2014 for deliveries.

So did the G5 come out in 2013 or is coming out in 2014? I thought that 200lb useful load wasnt available until the 2014 model.

Jason-

You are a pilot, you should learn to do your own basic research. I don't mean to offend, but seriously, it's your life on the line you should try to find your own answers as much as possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirrus_SR22

Jason-

You are a pilot, you should learn to do your own basic research. I don't mean to offend, but seriously, it's your life on the line you should try to find your own answers as much as possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirrus_SR22

Really?? Asking on this forum is not considered doing my own basic research? :dunno: Should I have waited until the advanced questions needed asked? :confused:

Thanks for the link.

Option of FIKI
Redesigned gear (lower wider stance on newer)

That's about all that really matter as the biggie (CAPS repack without paint work) is there on the 06

Brain fart on the gear, got it backwards:mad2:

Really?? Asking on this forum is not considered doing my own basic research? :dunno: Should I have waited until the advanced questions needed asked? :confused:

Thanks for the link.

Come on man, all I'm saying is read Wiki, read the Cirrus site, and we'll go from there. Asking the questions that can be Googled in 10 seconds is just being lazy.

Come on man, all I'm saying is read Wiki, read the Cirrus site, and we'll go from there. Asking the questions that can be Googled in 10 seconds is just being lazy.

You are free to your opinion and I will continue to do my "basic research" as I see fit. Did my questions offend you? Please feel free to ignore them, rather than wasting you're time responding. You are obviously someone whom feels the need to degrade people rather that stay out with nothing positive to say. I can guarantee you I have not made myself whom I am today by being lazy. I'll end my responses to you sir right here. good day.

You are free to your opinion and I will continue to do my "basic research" as I see fit. Did my questions offend you? Please feel free to ignore them, rather than wasting you're time responding. You are obviously someone whom feels the need to degrade people rather that stay out with nothing positive to say. I can guarantee you I have not made myself whom I am today by being lazy. I'll end my responses to you sir right here. good day.

Huummmm. OK. I said above I meant no offense and I've taken the time to give you some relevant information in a couple of posts. Your response to the suggestion that you do a little reading before asking the most basic of questions is that I am being degrading and personally offensive. Yup, you're right I did waste my time, but I'll take your suggestion not to do it anymore.

Your questions are fine, Jason, and perfectly suited to the forum.

So much of what is posted in this forum is just jokes, idle banter, or needless complaints (such as we just saw). To ask about airplanes as you have done is a good, and better, use of the forum.

Your questions are fine, Jason, and perfectly suited to the forum.

So much of what is posted in this forum is just jokes, idle banter, or needless complaints (such as we just saw). To ask about airplanes as you have done is a good, and better, use of the forum.

Thank you Sir. :wink2:

Cirrus is now Chinese-owned?

Chinese don't use 13 or 14 either?

Oh yeah, and there is a story about the ceremony, there was a banner "Welcome our Chinese Partners" and they responded to it "We are not partners, we own you."

Back on topic, Cirrus has a history of making meaningful changes each year. From 2006 to 2013 the changes are numerous and include less than obvious changes such as improved damping on the nose wheel strut. COPA has a detailed article but it doesn't include the 2013 models which have substantial changes. Start with that article. Be aware that changes aren't model year based. I have a March 2006 which is a few serial numbers past the change to a 100A main alternator. On the G5 everyone focuses on the increased useful load but the increased flap extension speed is also a very big deal.

Back